PDA

View Full Version : Question Failed Inter-BSC Handover

faares
2011-06-05, 02:25 AM
Hi Huawei experts,

I am facing a very low inter BSC HSR between cells in diffrent BSC(BSC32 and BSC6000 of huawei vendor).
The performance of the cells in the BSC6000 are as follow:
Success rate of incoming external inter-cell handover always above 90%.
But Success reate of outgoing external inter-cell Handover always 1%or less then that.

Can any person help me on this issue.

Thank you
Faares

kaizzer545
2011-06-05, 04:14 AM
Thats is not good, but I think you can give us more details, in any case try weith traces and KPI..

By other side:
1)It happens just for 2 specific cells? or many others
2)Check about location areas, Measurement reports by KPI for surrounding cells
3) Check BCCH settings and frecuency plan

BR

faares
2011-06-05, 04:39 PM
Hi kaizzer545,

thanks for your reply ,
1)The scenario is like this,this problem happens in a remote village in which all its BTSs are in BSC32 except one BTS which is in BSC6000.so the cells of the BSC6000 BTS outgoing external success rate is almost Zero % whereby the incomming externael are above 90%.

2)what do you mean about your second point.

3) I have checked the BCCH and BASIC of all cells and they are correct.

Thanks you
Faares

zhanglw268
2011-06-06, 07:10 AM
Hi Huawei experts,

I am facing a very low inter BSC HSR between cells in diffrent BSC(BSC32 and BSC6000 of huawei vendor).
The performance of the cells in the BSC6000 are as follow:
Success rate of incoming external inter-cell handover always above 90%.
But Success reate of outgoing external inter-cell Handover always 1%or less then that.

Can any person help me on this issue.

Thank you
Faares
1). check the external cell definition is right in the problematic cell
2). Check the 2 cell's NCC in both cells, then check the NCCPERMIT setting in the problematic cell to see whether mobile is allowed to do measure the target external cell
3). check MSC whether the problematic cell's target cell's CGI, DPC etc. are correct

kaizzer545
2011-06-07, 12:44 AM
ULAC; URAC; area codes, but I agree with zhanglw248 double check to externall cell definition

KPI's can show you where do the issue is puntualized

faares
2011-06-07, 01:58 AM
Thanks all, the problem is solved , the problem was in the cells which were in the BSC32, those cells GCI on the MSC side were having the DPC of the BSC6000(perviously they were in BSC6000 and we sawp them to BSC32 for the resource problem).

and specail thank to Zhanglw268.

Faares