PDA

View Full Version : UMTS State Transition - HUAWEI

arindam
2011-06-01, 05:44 PM
Hi There,

Is it just me or HUAWEI documentation is that bad. If I got it correct, the 4B event trigger for Rate Switching and State transition aren't different. Keeping this in mind , can someone please tell me the difference between the parameters TimeToTrig4B and D2FTvmTimeToTrig.

Aren't they both same ?? Both indicate the time over which the traffic volume has to be under certain threhold for event 4B to trigger.

Same confusion arises between Event4BThd and D2F2PTvmThd. Both are thesholds in Bytes of Buffer Occupancy, below which 4b can trigger.

Could it be, that the traffic volume event 4B for state transition and rate switching are different ?? :confused:

Please Help

Arindam

gprastomo
2011-06-01, 06:01 PM
Hi,

All for State trans threshold, but you should notice this :
1. Event4BThd -> for DCH to another DCH threshold, DCH high/low to DCHlow/high eg, for DCH 64 to 128 or vice versa
2. D2FTvmTimeToTrig -> this for DCH to FACH or FACH to PCH (not to another DCH state)

br

Hi There,

Is it just me or HUAWEI documentation is that bad. If I got it correct, the 4B event trigger for Rate Switching and State transition aren't different. Keeping this in mind , can someone please tell me the difference between the parameters TimeToTrig4B and D2FTvmTimeToTrig.

Aren't they both same ?? Both indicate the time over which the traffic volume has to be under certain threhold for event 4B to trigger.

Same confusion arises between Event4BThd and D2F2PTvmThd. Both are thesholds in Bytes of Buffer Occupancy, below which 4b can trigger.

Could it be, that the traffic volume event 4B for state transition and rate switching are different ?? :confused:

Please Help

Arindam