PDA

View Full Version : Question Neighbor definition WCDMA

zeezzoo
2011-05-31, 07:31 PM
Dears,

I have a problem happening in drive test .
I have RRC Drop caused by a missing neighbor that only shows in the detected set .

when I use CME to see neighbor definition i find that this neighbor is already defined but it's not sent on the measurement control .

my equipment is BSC6900 RAN 11
Neighbor cell combined algorithm is used .
this missing neighbor (in DT) is defined as a neighbor for the best cell in the active set .

any one had a similar experience please help .

agenov
2011-05-31, 07:42 PM
Dears,

I have a problem happening in drive test .
I have RRC Drop caused by a missing neighbor that only shows in the detected set .

when I use CME to see neighbor definition i find that this neighbor is already defined but it's not sent on the measurement control .

my equipment is BSC6900 RAN 11
Neighbor cell combined algorithm is used .
this missing neighbor (in DT) is defined as a neighbor for the best cell in the active set .

any one had a similar experience please help .

Can u send that part of the call during your drive test?

BR

m121
2011-05-31, 11:06 PM
Hi,
How many neighbour cells did UE receive from network?
I think that your problem is due too many defined neighbour cells. If def adj >48 some random cells are not transmitted due SIB limitations.

zeezzoo
2011-06-01, 07:04 PM
neighbor definition is ok & the # of defined neighbor is under the limit .
I'm doubting that this problem is caused by activating the parameter that send neighbor cell information on sib 11 . maybe that's why i can't see those neighbors on measurement control message .
for some cells where UE read sib11 ==> the neighbors are monitored by the UE & there was SHO with them .
for cells where UE didn't read sib11 the neighbors are not monitored by the UE . they only appeared in the detected set .

any one can confirm if i'm activating this parameter then the neighbor cell list will only be sent on sib11 not measurement control .
and if this was my problem , then what i can do to solve it . maybe reschedule the SIBs or deactivate this parameter .

thx in advance