PDA

View Full Version : RANAP - Release due to UE generated signaling connection release

JJay
2011-05-26, 10:23 PM
I see a lot of SPEECH drops with this reason in NSN networks. Is this reason a real drop or is it some kind of malfunction of the Ue?
I know that this can occur in PS and is considered "Normal"
Thanks,

melkaiy
2011-05-27, 03:04 AM
what is the event? normal clearing or normal unspecified? in wcdma this the same whcihc means call drop(normal clearing or normal unspecified). it only depends on what message did it appear.. check the signalling flow... if drops occurs at security procedures you better check if the ue is synchronized in time with your pc. if you connect the ue the pc suite (nokia) should automatically ask you to synchorinze the time. i hope this one helps.. kindly add reputation. thanks.

JJay
2011-05-27, 06:17 AM
what is the event? normal clearing or normal unspecified? in wcdma this the same whcihc means call drop(normal clearing or normal unspecified). it only depends on what message did it appear.. check the signalling flow... if drops occurs at security procedures you better check if the ue is synchronized in time with your pc. if you connect the ue the pc suite (nokia) should automatically ask you to synchorinze the time. i hope this one helps.. kindly add reputation. thanks.

this cause appears in Iu release request.
The network is NSN not necessarily the handset type.
The call is Speech so I don't see the connection with pc suite.
(I see it in Megamon.)
Can you explain?

chaosnoise
2011-05-27, 11:21 PM

Could you give me some ideas about the following issue? (for CS Voice call dropped/rejected)

If the calling UE has passed the security procedure, and already received a downlink NAS message "Call Processing". At this time, the answering UE did not receive a paging type 1 message. Then the calling UE received a "RRCConnectionRelease" message with the release cause "normalEvent". The CS voice call dropped.

I experienced about 50% CS voice call dropped at NSN RAN. If anybody can give me some ideas about this issue, it will be appreciated.

chaosnoise
2011-05-27, 11:48 PM
this cause appears in Iu release request.
The network is NSN not necessarily the handset type.
The call is Speech so I don't see the connection with pc suite.
(I see it in Megamon.)
Can you explain?

For your issue, if you can share the issue logs, that will be useful to resolve your problem.

adewijaya
2011-05-28, 12:15 AM
For your issue, if you can share the issue logs, that will be useful to resolve your problem.

Yes, some issue might be from UE itself, much on smartphone type

chaosnoise
2011-05-29, 11:25 AM
Yes, some issue might be from UE itself, much on smartphone type

It seems there are no experts in this forum. Everybody here just wants to download something. I think the experts do not have to download something in this forum, so they never come here.

Resistor
2011-10-13, 11:23 PM
Hello ChaosNoise,

This is now a few months after you have last written on this topic, but I came across and thought that I would offer my explanation for anyone reading it later: I think that the following blog gives a fair account of what could be the case: Faris's Diary: Fast Dormancy and CELL_FACH (http://farismismar.blogspot.com/2010/05/fast-dormancy-and-cellfach.html)

Kind regards,
Resistor

topoffenders
2012-02-02, 12:57 AM
I see a lot of SPEECH drops with this reason in NSN networks. Is this reason a real drop or is it some kind of malfunction of the Ue?
I know that this can occur in PS and is considered "Normal"
Thanks,

My opinion;
this is purely UE behaviour, related to some inactivity.
UE react to quickly in the time there is no data session, instead of channel switching to FACH/URA.
it just simply requesting IU release.

chamanbagga
2012-02-03, 01:34 PM
It seems to be an issue with RNC. UE can send "Signalling Connection Release" for PS or CS. In this case, it appears UE is sending it for PS, whereas RNC is releasing both PS and CS (or maybe just the CS).

Log it at priority with NSN.

hieubt
2012-03-07, 06:52 PM
I found in my UMTS DT log files some cases of call dropped have cause value: normal call clearing. So, what causes make the call dropped?

topoffenders
2012-03-07, 10:28 PM
I found in my UMTS DT log files some cases of call dropped have cause value: normal call clearing. So, what causes make the call dropped?

==============
Normal Call Clrearing/Release meaning : it is normal termination, user close/end the call is not a drop call.

YANG SONG
2012-03-08, 12:53 AM
maybe some SRB release ? you can check when this issue appear? and what did you do at that time?