PDA

View Full Version : How to calculate output from filter in Locating

linhhy
2011-05-26, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone,

The recursive straight average filter in E******* Locating is of the following type:
rxlev(t) = rxlev(t - 1) + [(signal strength )t - (signal strength )t-n ] / n

where n is the filter length and t the time of arrival of the latest measurement report (in SACCH periods).

Can you help me how to calculate output from filter when less than n measurement reports have arrived. How to ramping up for neighbour cell?

Thank a lot!

adewijaya
2011-05-26, 04:23 PM
this is on field measurement or just software meas?

linhhy
2011-05-26, 05:34 PM
this is on field measurement or just software meas?

Hi,

A mobile telephony connection must be handed over between cells as the person using the phone moves around.

Locating algorithm which works out the basis for assignment and handover decisions. (E******* system).

Filtering is one of the Locating algorithm.

auto_art
2011-05-26, 06:03 PM
dear frend use simulator posted by me...to clear ur doubts

linhhy
2011-05-27, 07:14 PM
dear frend use simulator posted by me...to clear ur doubts

Could you share links to simulator what you posted?

Thanks!

auto_art
2011-05-27, 07:56 PM
browse my posts...its time consuming but u wil find many useful thing related to same..!

zeldalcl
2011-05-29, 08:56 PM
Dear all!
I hope the document help to everybody.

Statistical Evaluation of GSM Measurement Reports for
Improved Handover Management

1 Introduction..........................................................................................3
1.1 Purpose & Scope ................................................................................3
1.2 Revision History ..................................................................................3
1.3 Acknowledgements .............................................................................3
1.4 Terminology.........................................................................................4
2 Technical Description ..........................................................................7
2.1 Background .........................................................................................7
2.2 GSM Measurement Handling ............................................................12
2.3 The Kalman filter ...............................................................................16
3 Evaluation Procedure ........................................................................17
3.1 Prerequisites .....................................................................................17
3.2 Assumptions......................................................................................17
3.3 Measurement Processing Set-up ......................................................17
4 Results ..............................................................................................25
4.1 Method 1: evaluating the filters by estimating the block fading .........25
4.2 Method 2: simulation with live data ...................................................35
4.3 Repeated SACCH .............................................................................37
5 Conclusions.......................................................................................39
5.1 Most suitable filter, considering both RxLev and RxQual ..................39
5.2 Minimum number of measurements..................................................39
5.3 Differences between uplink and downlink .........................................40
5.4 How predictable is the next measurement result...............................40
5.5 Repeated SACCH .............................................................................40
6 Remaining Questions & Future Studies ............................................41
6.1 Possible reason of faulty handovers .................................................41
6.2 Different radio environments .............................................................41
6.3 Accuracy of the first measurement report..........................................42
6.4 For how long afterwards is a prediction usable .................................42
6.5 Separate filters for neighbor measurements .....................................42
7 References ........................................................................................43

linhhy
2011-05-30, 01:42 AM
Many thanks my friends!

I did try to find and read some documents on forum, but I didn't see any documents to descript details on how to calculate the output of the filter for the neighbor cell in the ramping up process. which formula will be used?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/Kienlua_hy/Rampup.jpg