PDA

View Full Version : Download Propogation Delay for overshooting cells

jamalll2000
2011-05-25, 10:09 AM
Hi friends you can find the overshooting cells by calculating the Propagation Delay. Try to plot this graph.

adewijaya
2011-05-25, 12:39 PM
what's do you mean? yes absolutely we can using PropDelay to approximate overshooting cell using NASTAR tools then combining with SHO overhead to make complete analyze (ideal value : 30%-40%)

sonerss
2011-05-25, 10:14 PM
Hi jamal

Which plot are you talking for??

Hi friends you can find the overshooting cells by calculating the Propagation Delay. Try to plot this graph.

tthach830
2011-05-26, 01:15 AM
what's do you mean? yes absolutely we can using PropDelay to approximate overshooting cell using NASTAR tools then combining with SHO overhead to make complete analyze (ideal value : 30%-40%)

How precise and accurate is propagation delay? What do you mean by combining SHO overhead?

Please clarify as I have been pondering about this topic for awhile now.

Thanks!

zeezzoo
2011-05-26, 01:29 AM
if your equipment is huawei you can use this counter : VS.LCS.OutCellCover.CellIdRtt

zeezzoo
2011-05-26, 01:39 AM
How precise and accurate is propagation delay? What do you mean by combining SHO overhead?

Please clarify as I have been pondering about this topic for awhile now.

Thanks!

dear when you have overshooting cells you will have bad quality & high SHO Overhead .

* propagation delay in 3G = TA in 2G (you can get it in drive test by using nastar)
* soft handover overhead = # of times where UE was in SHO state(more than one radio link)/# of times where UE was in connected mode(also can be calculated in DT)

in 3G overshooting means both bad quality & resource wasting (not like 2G) . because when UE can decode the serving cell & the overshooting one , it will enter SHO state even though it's not in SHO area .

hope it's useful

agenov
2011-05-26, 02:05 AM
dear when you have overshooting cells you will have bad quality & high SHO Overhead .

* propagation delay in 3G = TA in 2G (you can get it in drive test by using nastar)
* soft handover overhead = # of times where UE was in SHO state(more than one radio link)/# of times where UE was in connected mode(also can be calculated in DT)

in 3G overshooting means both bad quality & resource wasting (not like 2G) . because when UE can decode the serving cell & the overshooting one , it will enter SHO state even though it's not in SHO area .

hope it's useful

how u can get propagation delay for drive test from Nastar...?! not possible at all!

BR

tthach830
2011-05-26, 02:21 AM

hope it's useful

So if my site overshooting;however has SHO overhead of 30% and SSHO of 5%; should I leave it alone?

zeezzoo
2011-05-26, 11:26 PM
So if my site overshooting;however has SHO overhead of 30% and SSHO of 5%; should I leave it alone?

no you should fix the overshooting . because overshooting increases ur rssi ==> bad Ec/No .

zeezzoo
2011-05-26, 11:55 PM
how u can get propagation delay for drive test from Nastar...?! not possible at all!

BR

sorry ... my mistake http://www.finetopix.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

tthach830
2011-05-27, 02:08 AM
no you should fix the overshooting . because overshooting increases ur rssi ==> bad Ec/No .

If it's in a rural area, most likely you are not going to have alot of UE and sites to cause the noise floor to rise. Am I right? Most of the sites I am talking about are HWY sites and it might shoot to 2nd tier nbr. This was design like this in the GSM day.

Alex_R
2011-05-30, 03:58 AM
can we use another tool to detect overshooting cells like Atoll ?

ximie
2011-09-26, 06:26 PM

hi,
i done UE trace found that subs getting bad Ec/No (>-12) but having good RSCP (>-85). Base on subs location, actually he connected to far site while having another 2 nearer sites. The far site having bad quality ie: IUB congestion, high CS and PS drop.

I suspect this due to overshooting problem and the far site may interrup other users as well. How i can know that this site over shooting?
I tried to pull stats on VS.LCS.OutCellCover.CellIdRtt, but no result. This is Node B level or RNC?
Please advice and guide. Thanks!;)