PDA

View Full Version : Question Penalty Time 31

Stealth
2011-05-24, 11:23 PM
Dear Experts,

Pardon me as junior for making many questions.
When do we use PT = 31?

Since when PT = 31, C2 = C1-CRO. This means CRO is decreasing the value of C1 and making the cell less attaractive.

Unlike when PT is not equal to 31, CRO increases the value of C1 resulting to the cell becomes more attaractive.

Kindly need your advice. Thanks in advance...

m121
2011-05-25, 02:41 PM
Hi,
PT=31 we use if we want Cell B to become permanently unatractive.
It's sometimes useful if we want to prevent traffic from moving to some specific cells.
For example you have 2 cells, one indoor and second outdoor and you want to prevent users who are, let's say, eating lunch in coffeshop just outside the building from camping on indoor cell. In this case you put CRO low so that users entering building would still reselect to indoor cell.
Second example is if you have coverage and capacity sectors and you want to prevent users from camping on capacity sector in idle mode. In this case you put CRO very high to permanently prevent users from camping on it in any case.

PS. If you find my post useful, please, give some rep, I am tired to be Junior Member ;)

usama0795
2011-05-25, 03:36 PM
average rxlevl = (5 measurements taken by mobile) / 5
C1 = average rxlevl - rx_level_access_min - max(ms_TX_pwr_max-P,0)
ms_tx_pwr_max = maximum power tranmissted by MS
P = mobile power class
rx_level_access_min = minimum recive level by the MS to access BTS

Criteria = C1 (nbring cell) > C1 (Serving cell)
For C2:

During penalty time:
C2 = C1 + CRO - TFO
After penalty time:
C2 = C1 + CRO
For penalty time = 31
C2 = C1 - CRO
TFO = temporaray offset
CRO = cell reslection offset

C2 is normally used for speedy mobiles only when hierarchical cell structure is present. Penalty time 31 can be used as described above and also if to make some cell less attractive due to increased drops on the cell due to some hardware issue or to reduce congestion

Stealth
2011-05-25, 04:01 PM
average rxlevl = (5 measurements taken by mobile) / 5
C1 = average rxlevl - rx_level_access_min - max(ms_TX_pwr_max-P,0)
ms_tx_pwr_max = maximum power tranmissted by MS
P = mobile power class
rx_level_access_min = minimum recive level by the MS to access BTS

Criteria = C1 (nbring cell) > C1 (Serving cell)
For C2:

During penalty time:
C2 = C1 + CRO - TFO
After penalty time:
C2 = C1 + CRO
For penalty time = 31
C2 = C1 - CRO
TFO = temporaray offset
CRO = cell reslection offset

C2 is normally used for speedy mobiles only when hierarchical cell structure is present. Penalty time 31 can be used as described above and also if to make some cell less attractive due to increased drops on the cell due to some hardware issue or to reduce congestion

A very long explanation but the one that matters referring to my question is only the last paragraph... :D
Thanks bro...