PDA

View Full Version : Metrica

jimjim
2011-05-21, 07:10 AM
Dears,

If anybody wants any help on Metrica, I'll be available for help. My experience in Metrica goes into administration, tsl scripting, and tql around 10 years. I have not done development on gui stuff. But I can help in building any complex set of queries.

Regards,

testtest
2011-07-02, 06:02 AM
Dears,

If anybody wants any help on Metrica, I'll be available for help. My experience in Metrica goes into administration, tsl scripting, and tql around 10 years. I have not done development on gui stuff. But I can help in building any complex set of queries.

Regards,

Hi i would like to get some know how for Metrica, could you please support me on this.
KPIs and formulas which we can put in the script or query to get the values and so on

jimjim
2011-07-02, 08:18 AM
Hi i would like to get some know how for Metrica, could you please support me on this.
KPIs and formulas which we can put in the script or query to get the values and so on

Hello there,

I'll give a brief explanation about Metrica before start digging deep.

Metrica is a tool in which we can store data from several sources under one interface.

Its data comes from different sources based on your element managment system supplier. For instance you might collect data from Access network, Core Network, etc.. However it has one unique feature over other relational database systems, which is storing time series data for the whole day in one record.

In all cellulat telecommunication systems, we collect data over specific intervals, usually 15 min, 30 min, 60 min. Metrica unique feature is that it can store data for the whole day in one record. For instance 48 values for traffic in a specific cell in a specific day.

All data is stored in a relational database system, to access this data it uses a special flavor of sql called tql (Technical query Language).

To interface with Metrica from command line you use a tool called qtip (Query Terminal Interface Program), a nice and handy tool for quick quick queries.

Tip: qtip has a nice feature, that stores all of your previous queries in the same session.

If you want to store your queries in order to run it more than once. You need write a tsl script.

A tsl script is like a container in which you store tql queries in and run it whenever needed.

Inside Metrica data is stored in tables, that consist of fields (primary and non-primary). Primary fields are used to distinguish one record for one network element for one specific day.

The mapping of tables' fields with respect to original data is done on one-to-one or one-to-many. This is controlled by the loadmap, which you should have an updated copy before working in any script.

Now back to your questions, if you want to know what is the mapping of each table then you should look into the loadmap of the specififc data source you are working with. For instance usually we create a separate loadmap for each technology layer (******** radio, NSN CS, E******* PS, etc.). So understanding what is in your loadmap is the first thing to do.

Loadmap

Loadmap constitutes an important part of your tools before start working with Metrica. So I'll briefly explain how usually it is read.

Each row in the loadmap is separated with ":", I'll give below one example,

Tablename:MetricaFieldName:BlockName:counter-1+counter-n:

As a developer you are interested in the following fields, Tablename, MetricaFieldName, and counter-1+counter-n.

Usually you start looking for the counters in the loadmap, after determing in which table they reside, you start building your queries.

Metrica usually comes with built in formulas and KPIs, these one you need to check in the loadmap.

Actually the words formulas and KPIs are very big words, so the first thing you need to do is to specify exactly which KPIs you need to look at, and then look for them in the loadmap, finally build your queries to start extracting data.

Your question was very big, so I had to give all of the above explanation. I wish you all the best in this task.

:)
Regards,

testtest
2011-07-02, 09:14 AM
Hello there,

I'll give a brief explanation about Metrica before start digging deep.

Metrica is a tool in which we can store data from several sources under one interface.

Its data comes from different sources based on your element managment system supplier. For instance you might collect data from Access network, Core Network, etc.. However it has one unique feature over other relational database systems, which is storing time series data for the whole day in one record.

In all cellulat telecommunication systems, we collect data over specific intervals, usually 15 min, 30 min, 60 min. Metrica unique feature is that it can store data for the whole day in one record. For instance 48 values for traffic in a specific cell in a specific day.

All data is stored in a relational database system, to access this data it uses a special flavor of sql called tql (Technical query Language).

To interface with Metrica from command line you use a tool called qtip (Query Terminal Interface Program), a nice and handy tool for quick quick queries.

Tip: qtip has a nice feature, that stores all of your previous queries in the same session.

If you want to store your queries in order to run it more than once. You need write a tsl script.

A tsl script is like a container in which you store tql queries in and run it whenever needed.

Inside Metrica data is stored in tables, that consist of fields (primary and non-primary). Primary fields are used to distinguish one record for one network element for one specific day.

The mapping of tables' fields with respect to original data is done on one-to-one or one-to-many. This is controlled by the loadmap, which you should have an updated copy before working in any script.

Now back to your questions, if you want to know what is the mapping of each table then you should look into the loadmap of the specififc data source you are working with. For instance usually we create a separate loadmap for each technology layer (******** radio, NSN CS, E******* PS, etc.). So understanding what is in your loadmap is the first thing to do.

Loadmap

Loadmap constitutes an important part of your tools before start working with Metrica. So I'll briefly explain how usually it is read.

Each row in the loadmap is separated with ":", I'll give below one example,

Tablename:MetricaFieldName:BlockName:counter-1+counter-n:

As a developer you are interested in the following fields, Tablename, MetricaFieldName, and counter-1+counter-n.

Usually you start looking for the counters in the loadmap, after determing in which table they reside, you start building your queries.

Metrica usually comes with built in formulas and KPIs, these one you need to check in the loadmap.

Actually the words formulas and KPIs are very big words, so the first thing you need to do is to specify exactly which KPIs you need to look at, and then look for them in the loadmap, finally build your queries to start extracting data.

Your question was very big, so I had to give all of the above explanation. I wish you all the best in this task.

Regards,

Thanks. Do you have any document related to metrica and also the manaul?

jimjim
2011-07-05, 10:59 AM
Hello there,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Your system administrator should give some documents. I need to search my old archives?

However mean while if you need anything urgent, let me know.

Regards,

jimjim
2011-07-12, 11:20 AM
Hello there,

Few commands to get you up and running,

On metrica server type the command qtip, if it is not starting ask your administrator to put the path to qtip in your profile.

a. To know what raw data tables are available in the database,

rels

(Note: this kind of a stored procedure)

b. To know what fields are in a table,

cols "YOURTABLENAME"

(Note: OURTABLENAME should be in capital letter always, this is the norm used in Metrica)

c. Determine which are the primary fields in a table.

From the above command, it will give out two columns. In the second column if a certain field has the value "YES". Then this is a primary field. Remember you use a primary field to define one unique row of data in a table. For instance in table cell_tch cell "X" in day [07/12/11] is unique.

d. All cellids and network elements name are treated as strings, so you need to use double or single qoutes to distinguish them from other fields. On the other hands dates must be included in square brackets as above.

Regards,

jimjim
2011-07-14, 04:37 AM
Hello there,

Basic qtip commands,

e. To query data in the tables you can use the main command display,

ex: display day,cellid from cell_tch.

f. To query data in a table under a specific condition you use "where",

ex: display day,cellid,traffic from cell_tch where day=[12/07/11]

ex: display day,cellid,traffic from cell_tch where day=[12/07/11] and cellid="12345"

you can use or also.

Tip: Metrica is well customized for time series data. Remember it stores data for one day in one row for each cell in a specific day, each field in a raw data table is an array that has specific length. Naturally it has functions which are well adapted for extracting data from arrays.

g. To get data for one interval,

display cellid,day,repof(traffic,starttime,[10:00]) as anyname from cell_tch where cellid="12345" and day=[12/07/11]

Note: date and time should be placed in square brackets. Functions can be nested according to your need.

Regards,