PDA

View Full Version : what is the difference betwen EcNo in idle and EcNo in Detecated Mode?

tareq1010
2011-05-15, 03:19 PM
Dear,
what is the difference betwen the EcNo in Idle mode and Detecated mode?
which is accurate and which one should give better value?

linhhy
2011-06-06, 04:15 PM
Dear,
what is the difference betwen the EcNo in Idle mode and Detecated mode?
which is accurate and which one should give better value?

both are measurement on CPICH channel. EcNo in Idle mode is normally better in connected mode, caused by interference from its connection ongoing. No value is better, it belong to your purpose what you want to measure.

Bob.
2011-06-06, 11:44 PM
Hello, what i've found regarding this question, is the statement in the "LTE for UMTS – OFDMA and SC-FDMA Based Radio Access" by Harri Holma and Antti Toskala, page 73:
[...] In WCDMA the channel estimation in the downlink is based on the Common Pilot Channel (CPICH) and then on pilot symbols on the Dedicated Channel (DCH) [...].
I think, that by "then" the author means dedicated mode. Judging from the DPCCH structure (pilot sequences inside), it's quite reasonable. What do you think?
BR

Mctest
2011-06-07, 04:33 AM
Hello, what i've found regarding this question, is the statement in the "LTE for UMTS – OFDMA and SC-FDMA Based Radio Access" by Harri Holma and Antti Toskala, page 73:
[...] In WCDMA the channel estimation in the downlink is based on the Common Pilot Channel (CPICH) and then on pilot symbols on the Dedicated Channel (DCH) [...].
I think, that by "then" the author means dedicated mode. Judging from the DPCCH structure (pilot sequences inside), it's quite reasonable. What do you think?
BR

I think DPCCH pilot symbols are used for SIR measurements for power control needs.