PDA

View Full Version : Question IPPATH problem and HSDPA Throughput

fahmi
2011-05-13, 11:30 PM
Hi experts,
could you please explain to me what an IP-PATH problem ?
and how such a problem could affect the HDPA throughput ?
Thank you.

oswe
2011-05-13, 11:44 PM
Hi, try to understand that before your ippath link you had AAL2PAth links... ...
now your user-plane-data link is IPPATH (usually 2 links from RNC and 3 from BTS)
that link is responsible for your throughput !!! so take care of it very well hehe!

what happens is... you establish RRC procedure and when the RNC tries to establish IuB connection for your data throughput (enabling IPPATH) if you have a problem in IPPATH connection... you will see no throughput... and the accessiblity will be very very low... (your kpi will show you that...)

if the ip link (ippath) works, but you have bad quality or small link... you can also have accessibility problems..

fahmi
2011-05-14, 12:22 AM
Hi, try to understand that before your ippath link you had AAL2PAth links... ...
now your user-plane-data link is IPPATH (usually 2 links from RNC and 3 from BTS)
that link is responsible for your throughput !!! so take care of it very well hehe!

what happens is... you establish RRC procedure and when the RNC tries to establish IuB connection for your data throughput (enabling IPPATH) if you have a problem in IPPATH connection... you will see no throughput... and the accessiblity will be very very low... (your kpi will show you that...)

if the ip link (ippath) works, but you have bad quality or small link... you can also have accessibility problems..

Thank you but honestly, I need more explanation about IPPATH and AAL2PATH. :victory:

oswe
2011-05-14, 01:21 AM
Thank you but honestly, I need more explanation about IPPATH and AAL2PATH. :victory:

ok give more detail what you want to know ... "ippath problem" is very unspecific

fahmi
2011-05-14, 02:05 AM
ok give more detail what you want to know ... "ippath problem" is very unspecific

Thank you for replying.
ok, fist of all, I need to know more about IPPATH ( function, location, ..)
second, you have said
o if you have a problem in IPPATH connection...
What kind of problem you mean ? and how to fixed it ?
when we talk about IPPATH problem, is that affecting accessiblity ?
maybe I have to focus first on the flow diagram and understand on which level the IPPATH intervene. Have you some document about this ?

Hope I was clear.
thank you again. :handshake

kamy
2011-05-15, 03:41 AM
Thank you for replying.
ok, fist of all, I need to know more about IPPATH ( function, location, ..)
second, you have said
What kind of problem you mean ? and how to fixed it ?
when we talk about IPPATH problem, is that affecting accessiblity ?
maybe I have to focus first on the flow diagram and understand on which level the IPPATH intervene. Have you some document about this ?

Hope I was clear.
thank you again. :handshake

see the example on the attached file

ximie
2011-09-21, 05:20 PM
Hi,

When tehre is slow throughput issue, we need to check IP PATH LOSS.
How to do it using M2000 and how to understand the performance graph.
Please guide and advice.

gprastomo
2011-09-21, 09:13 PM
Hi

I have the same problem, and the tput/payload became degraded and i gues there is some problem on the transmission path maybe intermittent, or there is some hw problem on the optical interface or RNC.

All sectors having the same behaviour.

IPPATH is something like virtual connection in ATMpath, this VC is used to carry the data or signalling, each of signalling and data has its own VC, so once it has problem there will be problem on KPIs and tput.

There is no guy could handle this, i dont know why.

agenov
2011-09-21, 09:39 PM
Hi,

When tehre is slow throughput issue, we need to check IP PATH LOSS.
How to do it using M2000 and how to understand the performance graph.
Please guide and advice.

When you have H thoughput issue is not necessarirly to be because of Iub. Actually most of the problems are due to Radio part of the net. Of course any problems over your Iub must be checked as well. What you need to do is check M2000 stats for Iub utlization at NodeB level, check the configuration of differen paths or/and to do LMT traces and see Iub throughput. Another option is throu CDT trace and following analyze but is use specific r&d softwares to decode bandwidth performance and etc...

BR

mobilink999
2011-09-21, 10:48 PM
I will also request if some can write a bit detail about IPPATH and its troubleshooting so in future we can easily diagnose IP PATH issues.

andoniwireless
2011-09-22, 02:00 PM

Hi Fahmi.. I can explain you...

First, some interfaces like Iub can be by IP or ATM... it type of interfaces has two types of traffic Control traffic and User Traffic...

The responsables for the transport (like a bus) of the signaling traffic are the SAAL links.. and the responsables for the transport (like a bus) of the data trafic are the AAL2PATHS links..

IF YOU HAVE IP TX
the transmport AAL2PATHS change by IPPATH.

The posible problems of this AAL2PATHS/IPPATH are lower througput and you need to make expansion.. add E1´s or increase the f bandwith.

I now is more clear for you,, if not tell me..

Regands

Andoni

:D

I will apreciate Reputation!!!

phuvuong_uk
2012-05-20, 08:51 PM
IPPATH is User plane of Iub interface for IP based, and AAL2PATH is the same for ATM Based