PDA

View Full Version : CELL_FACH <-> URA and Idle param & Timers

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-13, 09:59 PM
Hi all mates

Some body can give me the parameters require to set URA feature and the timers to past from Cell_Fach to URA and to Idle stage.
The recomended values!! jeje

Thanks a lot for the help guys..

punto
2011-05-13, 10:09 PM
It is need to have more informations for thes one , as for important - to knows which is your vendor, vendors releases , some more detailes... you knows what I means _ P:)

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-13, 10:34 PM
Sorry

E******* P7.1.4
RNC 3810

Thanks mates

onlygod
2011-05-14, 03:52 AM
You can make inactivity timer really short, eg, 3 seconds, or 10 seconds.
Then, URA timer can be really long like half an hour.

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-14, 03:56 AM
Thanks Dude

Do you know the parameters require to set URA for E******* 7.0. And the timers labels so I can set the values.

Thanks my friend

DJ Download
2011-05-14, 04:07 AM
If i am not mistaken, URA PCH is set by activating UeRC 21. If that is active, that you can then set the inactivitytimer parameter for controlling the transition from CELL_FACH to URA_PCH and hsdschInactivityTimer paramater for controlling the transition from HS state (CELL_DCH) to CELL_FACH.

To control how long the UE should stay in URA_PCH state, you can set the inactivityTimerPch parameter.

Thanks Dude

Do you know the parameters require to set URA for E******* 7.0. And the timers labels so I can set the values.

Thanks my friend

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-14, 04:46 AM
Excellent mate!!

Thanks and reps

Mctest
2011-05-14, 01:45 PM
Hi!In order to increase subscriber's ue battery life you should introduce cell_pch or ura_pch states.Low time parameters for being in cell_fach state most preferable in case if you have introduced ura or cell pch.Drawback of the cell pch state is high RRC signaling over common channels.( cell update/cell update confirm).

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-25, 03:24 AM
hi

According to to RRC Services states

URA_PCH have the following transitions:

Cell_fach -> URA_pch timer? waitting period to triger this transition?
Cell_dch -> URA_pch timer? idem
URA_PCH -> Idle mode inactivitytimer...

am I right?

Who can tell me please the other timers?

Thanks mates...

Mctest
2011-06-08, 04:59 AM
hi

According to to RRC Services states

URA_PCH have the following transitions:

Cell_fach -> URA_pch timer? waitting period to triger this transition?
Cell_dch -> URA_pch timer? idem
URA_PCH -> Idle mode inactivitytimer...

am I right?

Who can tell me please the other timers?

Thanks mates...

In E/// transition from cell fach to ura pch regulates with inactivityTimer and transition from ura pch to idle mode with inactivityPCH
And it was posted!

moslyi0891
2012-02-26, 08:29 PM
Hi :

In Huawei enabling Cell_PCH are being excuted as bellow :

RNC timers are as bellow :
1-SET UUESTATETRANS:D2F2PTVMTHD=D2k,BEF2DTVMTHD=D2k,BEF2HTVMTHD=D4k,RTF2DHTVMTHD=D2k;
2-SET UUESTATETRANSTIMER:BED2FSTATETRANSTIMER=4,BEF2PSTATETRANSTIMER=6,BEH2FSTATETRANSTIMER=4,BEE2FSTATETRANSTIMER=4;
3-SET UPSINACTTIMER:PSINACTTMRFORINT=14000,PSINACTTMRFORBAC=14000;
4-There are no values for the following RNC object :UKPIALMTHD needs to be set
5-There are no values for the following RNC object :NODEB_CREDIT_CAC_SWITCH-1
6-ADD ETHTRKLNK the workmode parameter must be load sharing not None
ADD MTP3LKS
7-SET UCORRMALGOSWITCH:DRASWITCH=DRA_AQM_SWITCH-0&DRA_BASE_ADM_CE_BE_TTI_L2_OPT_SWITCH-0&DRA_BASE_ADM_CE_BE_TTI_RECFG_SWITCH-0&DRA_BASE_COVER_BE_TTI_L2_OPT_SWITCH-0&DRA_BASE_COVER_BE_TTI_RECFG_SWITCH-0&DRA_BASE_RES_BE_TTI_L2_OPT_SWITCH-0&DRA_BASE_RES_BE_TTI_RECFG_SWITCH-0&DRA_DCCC_SWITCH-1&DRA_HSDPA_DL_FLOW_CONTROL_SWITCH-0&DRA_HSDPA_STATE_TRANS_SWITCH-1&DRA_HSUPA_DCCC_SWITCH-0&DRA_HSUPA_STATE_TRANS_SWITCH-1&DRA_IP_SERVICE_QOS_SWITCH-0&DRA_PS_BE_STATE_TRANS_SWITCH-1&DRA_PS_NON_BE_STATE_TRANS_SWITCH-0&DRA_R99_DL_FLOW_CONTROL_SWITCH-0&DRA_THROUGHPUT_DCCC_SWITCH-0&DRA_VOICE_SAVE_CE_SWITCH-0&DRA_VOICE_TTI_RECFG_SWITCH-0;

UCell Level all cells need to SCCPCH to all cells in RNC:

•DD USCCPCHBASIC:CELLID=1505,PHYCHID=9,SCRAMBCODE=5,SLOTFORMAT=D0;

boring
2012-02-28, 12:11 AM
hi guys
from those of you that have activate sort timers to push treffic to URA_PCH, what is the experience from the smartphones?
is everything working as expected or there are some smartphones which do not follow RNC order and instead they go to idle mode?
cheers

moslyi0891
2012-02-28, 06:13 AM
BrHi Boring :

URA _PCH is the state where a lot of cell Reselections happens to UE so the the RNC will order it to make URA reselection and which is called URC_PCH the parameter in huawei for this issue is :

SET UUESTATETRANS: CellReSelectCounter=9

The problem of smarts phones that they consume a lot of power because of the high resolution they provide along its very big screen , my battery of my I-Phone became empty in one day as I used my I phone for taking 30 pictures yesterday in one day and I did not use my I-Phone for any internet or chat or browsing net!!

PCH state will make less battery consumptin less because of law signalling in movving to cell_PCH to Cell_DCH or reverse as there will be less signaling messages

Br

moslyi0891
2012-02-28, 12:45 PM
Hi Boring :

For the battery consumption

There is feature called Fast Dormancy

PCH states have to be supported in the RNC before the Fast Dormancy feature can be activated . as per NSN RU 20 library as well

This results in lower load on the RNC and less signaling over Iub and Uu interfaces:o