PDA

View Full Version : Question Wimax Repeater

crolandiz
2011-05-13, 03:27 PM
Hi, I'm from Peru and we are expanding the WiMAX network of Nextel and we want to use a WiMAX repeater on 3.5 GHz band but I can't find any on Internet...do you know any model to suggest me?

Thank you.

the.rf.consultant
2011-05-14, 01:17 AM
Hola! Amigo

Attached is the link
http://www.cableaml.com/ing_wirelessint_wimax_description_and_data_sheets.html
Also be careful on deploying repeaters as this will increase the noise floor of the network and will be a big problem for the future optimization engineers.

crolandiz
2011-05-14, 01:24 AM
Hola! Amigo

Attached is the link
http://www.cableaml.com/ing_wirelessint_wimax_description_and_data_sheets.html
Also be careful on deploying repeaters as this will increase the noise floor of the network and will be a big problem for the future optimization engineers.

This is was the only repeater I found on Internet from Cable AML on 3.5 GHz, Alvarion has a Wimax Repeater too but on 5.8 GHz band.

I really need like 2 other Repeater options so I can analyze them and select the correct for this network...do you know any other repeater on 3.5 GHz?

Thank you.

the.rf.consultant
2011-05-14, 01:53 AM
actually a lot of repeater vendors in China and India will be happy to answer your query even it's not on their specs and would customize it for you but mind you don't expect the same quality as Cable AML...

In my experience before in Asia they even fly to the country to present their products I don't know if they can do it in Peru because of the geographical distance.

You should go for the more established brands in the industry Alvarion, ********, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, ********, Samsung and Huawei they might customize it for you based on your bulk order.

crolandiz
2011-05-15, 12:54 AM
actually a lot of repeater vendors in China and India will be happy to answer your query even it's not on their specs and would customize it for you but mind you don't expect the same quality as Cable AML...

In my experience before in Asia they even fly to the country to present their products I don't know if they can do it in Peru because of the geographical distance.

You should go for the more established brands in the industry Alvarion, ********, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, ********, Samsung and Huawei they might customize it for you based on your bulk order.

I found the Chinese Repeaters on alibaba.com, but they doesnt have any brand/model and the technical specs are very bad (latency 5 us vs. 50 ns from AML).

But one thing I found NOT in AML or in Chinese is the sensitivity and that's veery important to simulate the network on RadioMobile....do you have any idea of the sensitivity on AML Repeater?

crolandiz
2011-05-18, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry to tell you that Cable AML sent me an email saying this:

They no longer produce this WiMAX repeater because there was NOT interest on it! It cost was about 6000 EUR and they can make it again upon request but with a minimum order of 100 units.

So now, I have to search for anything else on the market.... :(

dimooon11
2011-05-20, 05:14 PM
Hello,

Check these companies: Airpoint and Dongwon.
They have had repeaters in 3.5 GHz/
I believe you could contact them about solutions for your network
http://i56.tinypic.com/zv35fs.jpg

sorena_ir
2011-05-20, 06:29 PM
Dear Crolandiz and Rf.consultant ,

I suggest to discuss more about technical issues of these repeaters,
I am interested in these equipments but it seems that they have faced some problems that cause them not to be so popular, I would be thankful if you can help me discuss about following problems:

1.As I checked some of repeaters I only find FDD ones and no TDD I could find please inform me if there is any.
2. What can you do to avoid self interference for TDD?
3.If there is any frequency conversion what do think of the benefits for wimax that you always face with lack of frequency recourse and it might ruin the frequency plan without enough benefit.
4. How much is the cost reduction for these repeaters?
5. Which famous vendor suggests and uses it for a well-known operator?

BTW I am totally agree with this solution but we should solve the problems that might face in future,
I am eager to hearing from your side about your valuable comments and points.
Regards,
Sorena

crolandiz
2011-05-21, 02:41 AM
Hello,

Check these companies: Airpoint and Dongwon.
They have had repeaters in 3.5 GHz/
I believe you could contact them about solutions for your network
http://i56.tinypic.com/zv35fs.jpg

Hi, this device doesnt for with FDD and has limited coverage (200 meters), my project needs coverage about 4 Km.

Thank you anyway!

crolandiz
2011-05-21, 02:51 AM
Dear Crolandiz and Rf.consultant ,

I suggest to discuss more about technical issues of these repeaters,
I am interested in these equipments but it seems that they have faced some problems that cause them not to be so popular, I would be thankful if you can help me discuss about following problems:

1.As I checked some of repeaters I only find FDD ones and no TDD I could find please inform me if there is any.
2. What can you do to avoid self interference for TDD?
3.If there is any frequency conversion what do think of the benefits for wimax that you always face with lack of frequency recourse and it might ruin the frequency plan without enough benefit.
4. How much is the cost reduction for these repeaters?
5. Which famous vendor suggests and uses it for a well-known operator?

BTW I am totally agree with this solution but we should solve the problems that might face in future,
I am eager to hearing from your side about your valuable comments and points.
Regards,
Sorena

Hi, I have little information about them:

1: I think there is an Albentia Repeater that works on TDD but is 5.8 GHz (WiMAX Repeaters - Albentia Systems SA - WiMAX / Wireless (http://www.albentia.com/EN/products.php?productID=WiMAXRepeater))

3: Frequency conversion is inside the repeater, the repeater downs the input frequency then it amplifies and up to Wimax band.

4: The Cable AML repeater on 3.5 Ghz band is about $6,000 EUR, a Alvarion BreezeMAX Base Station costs about US$21,000 dollars. These both doesnt include antennas or cables. And when you use a Base Station to cover a new area you will need a backhaul (like $5,000 dollars extra). So draw your own conclusions.

I hope this helps you!

Greets!