PDA

View Full Version : Question 3G Analysis: Adding new RNC

tukangoptim
2011-05-11, 10:40 PM
Guys, anyone has experiences in adding/splitting new RNC in one particular area ?
Surely vendor is always more than happy to add new RNC, but operator needs very strong reason to provide.
To your opinion, what are the technical justification , analysis, argument, statistic etc..
I am working on Huawei equipment, but other vendor is very welcome.

Please share and discuss. thx :victory:

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-11, 11:38 PM
Dude

We pass just that, and mainly we saw traffic, and processor load.

Depending on the user profile, your network can draw more resources in the UL or DL and the amount of signaling increase so the processor is a huge factor. At least in e*******.
Forget about capacity the vendor say it will support. That is allways a over rated statement.
Paging statistics also is important.

tukangoptim
2011-05-12, 02:26 PM
Dude

We pass just that, and mainly we saw traffic, and processor load.

Depending on the user profile, your network can draw more resources in the UL or DL and the amount of signaling increase so the processor is a huge factor. At least in e*******.
Forget about capacity the vendor say it will support. That is allways a over rated statement.
Paging statistics also is important.

thanks buddy, allow me to get more detail.
fe, traffic, i assume you calculate busy hour traffic for each Iub,Iur, Iu-Cs or Iu-PS. if max let say 5000Erl, then what is your threshld preference ?

Paging, could you pls share which paging counter used ? some says paging problem can be minimized by lac splitting..

Processor, yes agree this is huge factor, unfortunately there are so many board processing in huawei equiptment, spu, mpu, etc..
is anyone able to share something about this ?

:victory: