PDA

View Full Version : Question CPICH Power reduction

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-11, 12:12 AM
Hi

What can be the downside of CPICH power reduction to a group of sector if the site separation are 200 to 300 meters.

Thanks fellows..

yafawi79
2011-05-11, 02:21 AM
HI DUDE:

From my work exper reducing CPICH power espicslly at the rural areas my lead to coverage gaps between sectors which may trigger CS IRAT hand over early and also increase the call drop due to poor RSCP level. thanks dude.:)

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-11, 03:01 AM
Yes this is true for nodes in areas separate above 800m from each other. But what about the high Urban area where the separation is 250 up to 400 meters.

At the beginning we start the network with a link budget cpich of 330 for coverage purposes, but now the traffic increase and so the site density. That is why controlling with tilt is not enough.

What can be the downsides of reducing cpich in some sectors or nodes?

agenov
2011-05-11, 03:29 AM
Yes this is true for nodes in areas separate above 800m from each other. But what about the high Urban area where the separation is 250 up to 400 meters.

At the beginning we start the network with a link budget cpich of 330 for coverage purposes, but now the traffic increase and so the site density. That is why controlling with tilt is not enough.

What can be the downsides of reducing cpich in some sectors or nodes?

Hi,
This is interesting. Can you please share what type of antennas and radio planning conception u use in your network? in my opinion with proper antennas and planning you wouldn't have such problems even with this inter site distance.....
i don't have experience regarding CPICH power reduction but there are so many things that have to be taken into account like correlation between CPICH and TOTAL power, different algorithms (vendor specific) that use these values , affecting radio coverage/pollution and etc.
Let those of you who have more experience to share it with us.

BR
Alex

Ericsson_RND
2011-05-11, 04:46 AM
Hi

What can be the downside of CPICH power reduction to a group of sector if the site separation are 200 to 300 meters.

Thanks fellows..

Dear Mates;
I think reduce the power will affect the indoor coverage, in my openion if the problem still you need to make project for reducing the antenna height. this will take long time and need further analysis and test on some areas.

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

baby444
2011-05-11, 06:56 PM
Hi

Thanks fellows..
This will totally see link budget of calculation that this special project just began, should totally consider UL and DL, can certainly adjust again, the most important thing is to see local ground form and system, please reconsider! !

brianm
2011-05-11, 10:12 PM
If your sites are very close to each other you can decrease the CPICH power without much problem

RFDude_PMA
2011-05-11, 10:41 PM
I change the power from 330 to 300 in a cluster day 1.
After I did the changes I review the following KPIs:

CSSR: improve 5points for some sectors other no change
Drops non_HS: no change below 0.8
Drop HS: no change and one sector increase from 0.9 to 1.1 at BH
Traffic ERL PS: increase 2points
DL Chn code usage:reduce
RABS HS usage: increase
SHO:no change
Irat: some of the sites improve and some others no change,

In e******* there is a counter for total transmisioncarriedpowerNonHS and HS that did not have data on it. shame, but I will look into it.

But despite this I dont know what else can I use to drop this case.. Ideas?

Thanks fellows

baby444
2011-05-11, 10:50 PM
If your sites are very close to each other you can decrease the CPICH power without much problem

It is not omnipotent to change CPICH Power, the basic solution is to control the coverage of your each cell. -----by baby444:p