PDA

View Full Version : Question on "carreer in RF optimizations"

jelexy
2011-05-10, 04:57 AM
Hello all RF guru and RF students. I have a burning question for you all.
I am planning to acquire the skill set of RF optimization (hopefully find a job too). In the late 90s I graduated from EE collage and due to luck of opportunity in electronics related job, I switch into computer networking and I have been working in the networking related field (mostly Cisco and juniper technology), but I am thinking to go back into Electronic communications (RF).
My question to you is… how tough is to break into the RF related field, such as RF optimization.
Currently I’m living in the state, but willing to travel anywhere in the world, in order to gain the required experience!
Please share your experience with me, any course you might now, which will help me break into RF optimization career or the lowest job to take in order to gain the experience etc.

Thank you in advance, for any advice you might suggest.

Jelexy

raednoor
2011-05-10, 05:09 AM
So, your advice is :

Stuck with RF, and do not work in Computer Network field?????

For RF Engineers:

jelexy
2011-05-10, 08:04 AM
Sorry, It is my pleasure to help you, but seems I will do the same as you!!!!

So, your advice is :

Stuck with RF, and do not work in Computer Network field?????

For RF Engineers:

If you do not have an opportunity in RF Field, what do you suggest alternative section?

what do you mean? you work as network tech/engineer??

raednoor
2011-05-10, 04:08 PM
what do you mean? you work as network tech/engineer??

I will be VoIP network engineer....

Also I should be familiar with CCNA, CCNP,....

So, I think its hard to get back to RF area after these issues.

What's your advice?

--------------------------------------------------

When there is a willing.......there is a way.

jelexy
2011-05-11, 12:46 AM
I will be VoIP network engineer....

Also I should be familiar with CCNA, CCNP,....

So, I think its hard to get back to RF area after these issues.

What's your advice?

--------------------------------------------------

When there is a willing.......there is a way.

if you are graduate of engineering related field. I would say stay with RF! the wired networking world is highly competitive and you will be computing with high school kids with CCNA, CCNP etc certifications. in RF or other engineering discipline you will need a bachelor degree plus experience to get a job...so the competitions is eliminated right there! so the moral of the topic is: you cant boot-camp or cbt for your bachelor degree...can you?

raednoor
2011-05-11, 01:00 AM
if you are graduate of engineering related field. I would say stay with RF! the wired networking world is highly competitive and you will be computing with high school kids with CCNA, CCNP etc certifications. in RF or other engineering discipline you will need a bachelor degree plus experience to get a job...so the competitions is eliminated right there! so the moral of the topic is: you cant boot-camp or cbt for your bachelor degree...can you?

I am as you stated.....Telecom Engineer.

What do you think?

other mates, kind if you express your opinion....

BR

----------------------------------------------

When is a willing.........there is a Way.

jelexy
2011-05-11, 08:40 AM
I am as you stated.....Telecom Engineer.

However, 4 months past and no RF position.

Only position is BSS outsource engineer to HUAWEI.

So, I am thinking to go CCNA & CCNP till finding a good position in telecom engineer.

What do you think?

other mates, kind if you express your opinion....

BR

----------------------------------------------

When is a willing.........there is a Way.

well it good idea to do any study, but remember that, you can't find a job not because of luck of RF job... but rather because of your luck of experience with RF! I don't know where you live, but here in the state the job opportunity for experience RF engineer is plenty and highly paid(45+ usd).

Thirupathi
2011-05-14, 03:58 PM
Hi all, current i am working as a FM Engineer(Opeation and Maintenance) in E******* india private limited, but i am interest in RF planning and optimisation ,any one suggest how can i get the entry level....

ritgail
2011-05-14, 04:11 PM
Hi all, current i am working as a FM Engineer(Opeation and Maintenance) in E******* india private limited, but i am interest in RF planning and optimisation ,any one suggest how can i get the entry level....

You work in EIL payroll or outsourced....:)?

For RF planning and optimisation, this is the forum where you are.....find tools and try to plan....

:D:D:D