PDA

View Full Version : Question PDP Context Activation Fail due to (26) Insufficient Resources

ptl9699
2011-05-09, 02:50 PM
Hi all,

Kindly requesting your help/inputs regarding this issue I am encountering in some drivetest cluster logs that I am analyzing.

The setup is in mobile r99 FTP download, and i am seeing some PDP context activation failures due to (26) Insufficient Resources in a number of different sites (no pattern observed whatsoever). RF conditions are good, and I am in the process of checking for any RAB congestion in the sites.

The question is, if we do not find any congestion in the RAB, is the Resource shortage located in the SGSN/Core side? or Transmission? From your experience, what usually causes this clear code in PDP context activation rejection?

Hope you could help me :)

Thanks!

bokobi
2011-05-10, 03:35 AM
Chek the L3 signaling messages
For example, Activate PDP Context Reject can be due to missing and unknown APN

ptl9699
2011-05-10, 01:43 PM
Chek the L3 signaling messages
For example, Activate PDP Context Reject can be due to missing and unknown APN

Thanks Bokobi for your reply.

I have already checked L3 messaging and the reason for the rejection is (26) Insufficient Resources, as stated above.

I was wondering what resource are they implying here? Is it RAB? Board limitation in the SGSN? Transmission? It's not really specified in the messages and I'm trying to eliminate all the possible suspects. If you have previous experience regarding this reject cause, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share some knowledge with me since it will help speed up my investigation into the matter.

Thanks in advance! :)

P.S. Network is E******* by the way.

ptl9699
2011-05-11, 06:10 PM
Hi guys, bumping this thread for further assistance.

Hope anyone could provide some feedback :)

Thanks!

agenov
2011-05-11, 08:16 PM
Hi all,

Kindly requesting your help/inputs regarding this issue I am encountering in some drivetest cluster logs that I am analyzing.

The setup is in mobile r99 FTP download, and i am seeing some PDP context activation failures due to (26) Insufficient Resources in a number of different sites (no pattern observed whatsoever). RF conditions are good, and I am in the process of checking for any RAB congestion in the sites.

The question is, if we do not find any congestion in the RAB, is the Resource shortage located in the SGSN/Core side? or Transmission? From your experience, what usually causes this clear code in PDP context activation rejection?

Hope you could help me :)

Thanks!

As far as i remember there was a bug in GGSN-Radius server communication in some of the previous releases related to IP allocation that cause this error. Check with your local support for such possible bug. It was fixed in some of the next releases....

BR

alb_elezi
2011-05-11, 08:23 PM
Or try to check resources in BSS

FrankPintor
2011-05-12, 05:46 AM
Since you implied it's a 3G R99 download, I can't see where a BSS is implicated.

I was told that the probable cause for this error is a lack of space for the context table in the SGSN. However I have no direct visibility of what happens in the SGNS myself.

hotspurth
2012-03-27, 01:55 AM
Have u try to trace Iu PS Interface? It would show if it comes to resources or congestion issue.