PDA

View Full Version : Question low handover rate from GSM900 to GSM1800 problem

wireless_houss
2011-05-05, 10:23 PM
Hi everybody,

could someone tell me what are the main causes of low handover rate from GSM900 to GSM1800.

What are the main parameters that i should adjust to optimise the dual-band network ?

thanks

electron
2011-05-05, 10:53 PM
Hi everybody,

could someone tell me what are the main causes of low handover rate from GSM900 to GSM1800.

What are the main parameters that i should adjust to optimise the dual-band network ?

thanks

What is layer strategy on your network?

Multi band or dual band?

Ummi
2011-05-05, 11:24 PM
tell us what HO most trigger due to? then i will be explain more

wireless_houss
2011-05-05, 11:51 PM
What is layer strategy on your network?

Multi band or dual band?

in fact their layer strategy is to give layer 2 to 1800 site and layer 3 to 900 site

wireless_houss
2011-05-05, 11:59 PM
tell us what HO most trigger due to? then i will be explain more

i didn't understand could you explain more please

electron
2011-05-06, 12:10 AM
in fact their layer strategy is to give layer 2 to 1800 site and layer 3 to 900 site

Check BANDTHR if both are in same band layer some delay in HO or latch on 900 or 1800 will be side affect in this case you can have a trial for example LAYERTHR does not work properly whenever you are changing it

wireless_houss
2011-05-08, 08:13 PM
Check BANDTHR if both are in same band layer some delay in HO or latch on 900 or 1800 will be side affect in this case you can have a trial for example LAYERTHR does not work properly whenever you are changing it

actually i work on huawei system, i haven't found BANDTHR and LAYERTHR in huawei system. can you explain according to huawei system

and i found something wirried they set two sites in different layer and different priorities..

electron
2011-05-08, 08:15 PM
actually i work on huawei system, i haven't found BANDTHR and LAYERTHR in huawei system. can you explain according to huawei system

and i found something wirried they set two sites in different layer and different priorities..

You need to check Hierarchical network structure i feature in your system. In E/// it is famous as HCS in dual band strategy

dacoder
2011-05-09, 11:43 PM

Hi
In Huawei there is parameter INTELEVHOHYST (Adjacent cell inter-layer HO Hysteresis).
You should first check where the most of HO command failure is occuring. This can be done by simply querying relative counters through M2000.

Thanks

wireless_houss
2011-05-09, 11:55 PM
Hi everybody,

thanks

hi
the most handover failuer comes from the outgoing handover in 900Mhz site (handover from 900Mhz site to 1800Mhz site)

dacoder
2011-05-10, 12:08 AM
hi
the most handover failuer comes from the outgoing handover in 900Mhz site (handover from 900Mhz site to 1800Mhz site)

Hi
In failed outgoing handover check which of these counters have registered high values: Then we can pinpoint the problem and provide some suggestions

H371:Outgoing Inter-Cell Handover Commands(none) H372A:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Uplink Quality)(none) H372B:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Downlink Quality)(none) H372C:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Uplink Strength)(none) H372D:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Downlink Strength)(none) H372E:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Timing Advance)(none) H372F:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Better Cell)(none) H372G:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Load)(none) H372H:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Rapid Level Drop)(none) H372I:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (MSC Intervention)(none) H372J:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (OM Intervention)(none) H372L:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Other Causes)(none) H372P:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Directed Retry)(none)
Thanks

adriansyah
2011-05-10, 12:34 AM
For Huawei System :

Parameter which trigger : Layering HO

1. Inter Layer HO Threshold Per Cell
2. Inter Layer HO Hysteresis Per Cell
3. Adjacent Inter layer Threshold Per Adjacent Relation

If the number HO Failed is very high especially H372F , you can retune from 3 parameter above

haq_enam
2011-05-10, 01:38 PM
For Huawei System :

Parameter which trigger : Layering HO

1. Inter Layer HO Threshold Per Cell
2. Inter Layer HO Hysteresis Per Cell
3. Adjacent Inter layer Threshold Per Adjacent Relation

If the number HO Failed is very high especially H372F , you can retune from 3 parameter above

First Check
G1800 in layer 2
G900 in layer 3
Layer HO =active
Inter _layer HO Threshold> Edge HO Threshold
i.e inter-layer 20> Edge HO(UL/DL) (10/15)

Activate that way and let me know if still poor HO

wireless_houss
2011-05-10, 06:11 PM
First Check
G1800 in layer 2
G900 in layer 3
Layer HO =active
Inter _layer HO Threshold> Edge HO Threshold
i.e inter-layer 20> Edge HO(UL/DL) (10/15)

Activate that way and let me know if still poor HO

nice my friend but what about the priority shall i set the two site in the same or different priority

in my case

G900 in layer 3
i.e inter-layer 25> Edge HO(UL/DL) (10/20)

G1800 in layer 2
i.e inter-layer 30> Edge HO(UL/DL) (10/20)

wireless_houss
2011-05-10, 07:22 PM
Hi
In failed outgoing handover check which of these counters have registered high values: Then we can pinpoint the problem and provide some suggestions

H371:Outgoing Inter-Cell Handover Commands(none) H372A:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Uplink Quality)(none) H372B:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Downlink Quality)(none) H372C:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Uplink Strength)(none) H372D:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Downlink Strength)(none) H372E:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Timing Advance)(none) H372F:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Better Cell)(none) H372G:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Load)(none) H372H:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Rapid Level Drop)(none) H372I:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (MSC Intervention)(none) H372J:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (OM Intervention)(none) H372L:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Other Causes)(none) H372P:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Directed Retry)(none)
Thanks

Hi
exactly the counter H372F:Failed Outgoing Inter-Cell Handovers (Better Cell)(none) has registred the high value and especially the Handover from GSM900 to GSM1800

wireless_houss
2011-05-10, 08:25 PM
Hi haq_enam,

sorry i have found in huawei document that : "The threshold for inter-layer Hierarchical Handover. This threshold should satisfy the following requirement: Inter-layer HO Thrsh. . Edge HO RX_LEV Thrsh. + Inter-cell HO hysteresis."

and you said before "Inter _layer HO Threshold> Edge HO Threshold"

please find the enclosed file

haq_enam
2011-05-10, 09:43 PM
nice my friend but what about the priority shall i set the two site in the same or different priority

in my case

G900 in layer 3
i.e inter-layer 25> Edge HO(UL/DL) (10/20)

G1800 in layer 2
i.e inter-layer 30> Edge HO(UL/DL) (10/20)

Okey.... As u have incoming HO problems....Layer is fine
Inter-layer 30 means when MS have -80dBm it will make HO to G1800.
Should not be any problem to make HO to G1800 now. Could be some problem in the out going.

Pls let me know some more things
R u using share or dedicated frequency for G1800?
Is it indoor site?
What about drop? What type of Drops are most?
What Types of HO failure u r having? HO State? TCH stable State? UL/DL quality HO failure? RXLEVL HO??
What is the RXlevel of G900 and G1800 while making HO?
Pls chk Filter lenght of TCH Level?

haq_enam
2011-05-10, 09:45 PM
Hi haq_enam,

sorry i have found in huawei document that : "The threshold for inter-layer Hierarchical Handover. This threshold should satisfy the following requirement: Inter-layer HO Thrsh. . Edge HO RX_LEV Thrsh. + Inter-cell HO hysteresis."

and you said before "Inter _layer HO Threshold> Edge HO Threshold"

please find the enclosed file

Inter-Layer threshold is small value... I gave high level information... it should be greater.

wireless_houss
2011-05-18, 07:47 PM
Hi,

I've found another issue which is : poor quality on downlink (for GSM900Mhz site)

do you have anything to say

Hi,
Did you check the neighbours cells? ususly if some are missing you will get a lot of failed handovers.
check also on the msc side the inner cells and outer cells.

BR,