PDA

View Full Version : Question CTR(2G) Analysis question

Darko
2011-05-05, 03:49 AM
Hi guys,

I have question for those who have the experience with CTR analysis.
I have noticed interesting thing in CTR measurements. After Handover is completed there are still some measurements recorded after. If you check the image below you can see after handover there is a "jump" in signal level or in simple words it looks like CTR records some samples AFTER HO Complete. The only thing here is that it looks like those samples don't belong to the serving sell but most likely to the target cell.

I would be grateful for any opinions :rolleyes:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2dlkt2q.jpg

the.rf.consultant
2011-05-05, 05:55 AM
Hi Darko,

What's the vendor you are using on your BTS/BSC?

My suspect with this behavior is that you have Handover Power Boost feature working which is generally helpful on MACRO Extended coverage rural sites.

Ummi
2011-05-05, 07:35 AM
in my humble opinion take alook for TA, might be some reflection or multipath signal before decided to HO

Darko
2011-05-05, 05:04 PM
Thanks for replies. It's E******* BTS/BSC. This is happening only when HO is performed. When normal call is terminated then there is no such behavior. I have several CTRs from different networks and it is the same thing for all of them.

I don't know maybe I am looking something completely wrong :rolleyes: .

the.rf.consultant
2011-05-05, 09:52 PM
Hi Darko,

Check the parameter HPBSTATE if activated... This parameter usually have an impact only on cells when dynamic BTS power control is active...