PDA

View Full Version : Question quality issue

mail2paturi
2011-04-27, 10:52 PM
Dear all,

i having call quality issue when its going in hopping can any one suggest me how to identify the issue or where to optimize........

thanks in advance

kilisuci_kdr
2011-04-27, 10:58 PM
Hi,
First of all you can check wether you have same MALid or hopping facing each other with the sector that coverage in the bad quality issue.
Or simply you have bad quality in your hopping TRx that appear the alarm in this hardware.

mail2paturi
2011-04-27, 11:22 PM
There is no alarm in the trx verified and changed trx for confirmation.....

there is no interference or malfunction of trx

punto
2011-04-28, 01:19 AM
is it relates to widers areas or it is to small area , only one or two sites relates, close 1 or two sites close or next to each another ?
Thers a lot of posibilites, you need to say more informs to us ... to helps.

lets try to cheks if your MAIOs values are properlly set , with properly differencias. Tell more to help ... is this "local" or "general" problems of your networks. BRs, P:)

zlobster
2011-04-28, 05:29 AM
Dear all,

i having call quality issue when its going in hopping can any one suggest me how to identify the issue or where to optimize........

thanks in advance

Hi,

First, is it RX, TX or both directions? Second, what's the vendor? Third, what's the cell configuration (no. of TRXs, SFH/BBH, etc.)?

In general, it could be a bad TRX unit, or if you set a SFH hopping over a number of ARFCNs which are not guaranteed in the cell's serving zone, i.e. an adjacent cell is using the same ARFCN(s) used in your troubled cell's SFH MA list...

Anyway, that's just for a start. Please provide more info. Also, I'm sure some other guys would be able to help...:p

Tschus!

zeezzoo
2011-04-28, 06:02 AM
Dear all,

thanks in advance

if no trx problem you might have one of the following problems :

Uplink interference . (might be an external interference)
Downlink interference . (External or Internal Interference)

you should check you STS counters & frequency hopping settings .
there's some counters that show you a mapping for RX-LEV & RX-QUAL & TA . And also you have counters for uplink idle tch measurements . those will be very useful for you to use .

check this tool it's helpful when checking frequency hopping settings : http://www.finetopix.com/live-optimization/17695-frequency-hopping.html#post126843

hope it will be useful .

the.rf.consultant
2011-04-28, 06:17 AM
As everyone have said the information is not enough to conclude on a solution. As we are engineers we are as good as far as our tools can take us.

I suggest you use what RF tools is available at hand at your disposal to whatever vendor your using to have the right solution to your problem.

Poor frequency planning usually is the culprit for poor performance of hopping TRX while we are getting pretty good performance from the BCCH carrying TRX.

mail2paturi
2011-04-29, 06:31 PM
thanks for your valuable suggestions....

see the inter-site distance is just 500mts to 1 km and the problem arises only near to sites as we move a bit i mean just 200 mts all the parameters are good no issues but below the site upto 200 mts the issue persits...

the vendor is ZTE and the MA list and rest of the parameters are tuned well.

kilisuci_kdr
2011-04-29, 08:51 PM
How about the DT results?
It should be seen from the DT, what is happened in the RxQuality or SQI.

zlobster
2011-05-02, 11:47 PM
thanks for your valuable suggestions....

see the inter-site distance is just 500mts to 1 km and the problem arises only near to sites as we move a bit i mean just 200 mts all the parameters are good no issues but below the site upto 200 mts the issue persits...

the vendor is ZTE and the MA list and rest of the parameters are tuned well.

Hmm, I'd assume you've double-checked the design of the cells. It's a good idea to see how C/I changes between the two sites, IMHO.
I've no experience with ZTE...:(
What are the heights and site designs of the mentioned sites?

adewijaya
2011-05-03, 12:19 AM
1. we didn't know with your MAL, HSN ,Offset strategy n value
2. we didn't know with your site maping (grid or not)
3. we didn't know with your region contour
4. we didn't know with your result DT
5. we didn't know with dbase n parameter setting, how many value you put in dBase

Very litle information :confused:

tremalnike
2011-05-03, 02:04 AM
offtopic: Clairvoyant is needed to resolve this issue :p

adewijaya
2011-05-03, 07:44 AM
but how come we resolved this issue if very usual information sending :o

mail2paturi
2011-05-08, 02:27 PM
Hi every one..........

Sorry for the delay

In DT we just observed the RX quality samples are below 4 and SQI is above 20 the only problem is we have a big hit in c/I all the samples are just < 9 . so just doing the parameter check once again to check the issues.......
HSN- 1-63 used unique for each site
MA list (1-15)
BCCH (17-31)
BSIC is (0,3,6-NCC)(BCC-0-7)
All this are urban sites and the MAX height is 24mts
and having mechanical tilt of min 2deg of andrew & Katherine antenna.