PDA

View Full Version : Question RNCAP

zlobster
2011-04-26, 09:48 PM
Hiya,

Any clues what does RNCAP stand for? And where it's described in details? Tried all the specs but with no success...:@

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

wolverine
2011-04-27, 12:43 AM
There is no such protocol defined within the 3GPP. Are you 100% sure it is called RNCAP? Not RNSAP?

kamy
2011-04-27, 12:49 AM
Hiya,

Any clues what does RNCAP stand for? And where it's described in details? Tried all the specs but with no success...:@

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

stands for RNC application part

jimjim
2011-04-27, 04:12 AM
Hello there,

I totally agree with wolverine, if google does not find it then there is a problem:).

Unless whoever said the word RNCAP meant all of the below,

NBAP (NodeB Application Part) used ovcer Iub check this link from wikipedia NBAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBAP)

RANAP (Radio Access Network Application Part) used over IuCs and IuPs check this link from wikipedia RANAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RANAP).

Regards,

zlobster
2011-04-28, 05:14 AM
Yep, the Nastar thingy says RNCAP. I'm pretty sure it's on the Iur but I can't find a damn thing about it. Some says it's a part of MTP3-b between the RNCs but I still have no other info...:(

stands for RNC application part

Indeed, that's the most reasonable meaning. It's self-suggestive (is there such a word?) and few other hints mentioned it, alas with no more details...

jimjim
2011-04-28, 06:01 AM
Hiya,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Dear zlobster,

There is no official word called RNCAP I was able to find on the internet, however if we think a little bit RNC and RAN are some how similar so when the document mentions RNCAP it is refering to RANAP.

My advice to you is to stop worrying about the word itself and move into a higher step. Perhaps understanding RANAP and how it works.

:)

Regards,

agenov
2011-04-28, 06:32 AM
Dear zlobster,

There is no official word called RNCAP I was able to find on the internet, however if we think a little bit RNC and RAN are some how similar so when the document mentions RNCAP it is refering to RANAP.

My advice to you is to stop worrying about the word itself and move into a higher step. Perhaps understanding RANAP and how it works.

Regards,

Good point. I also noticed this word in Nastar Dot info. Since it carriers control part information could be their own interpretation and just to named it like this....

kamy
2011-04-28, 02:51 PM
Good point. I also noticed this word in Nastar Dot info. Since it carriers control part information could be their own interpretation and just to named it like this....

you need OMStar (and some thing else) to decode more detail about huawei BAM logfile (8 types)

zlobster
2011-04-29, 03:12 PM
you need OMStar (and some thing else) to decode more detail about huawei BAM logfile (8 types)

Hi kamy,

Although learning RANAP/RNSAP/etc. IS a good idea (and in progress, BTW) your hints give me a ray of hope. Could you please give me more details about this OMStar thing? What else do I need for decoding BAM logfiles?

P.S. If all the signalling is specified (I believe it is) why would Huawei use their own ambiguous abbreviations?

jimjim
2011-05-01, 07:50 PM
Dear,

What type of BSC do you have, is it BSC6900?

Regards,

adewijaya
2011-05-01, 08:03 PM
RNCAP = RNC Application (CMIIW)

jimjim
2011-05-01, 08:27 PM
RNCAP = RNC Application (CMIIW)

Dear,

Can you elaborate more, what does CMIIW mean:confused:?

Regards,

adewijaya
2011-05-01, 09:01 PM
Correct Me If I Wrong = CMIIW
AFAIK = As Far As I Know

did you not familiar with this? :confused:

jimjim
2011-05-01, 10:39 PM
Hiya,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Dear zlobster,

May I ask why you need it:confused:?

Regards,

jimjim
2011-05-01, 10:42 PM
Correct Me If I Wrong = CMIIW
AFAIK = As Far As I Know

did you not familiar with this? :confused:

Pardon me my dear, sounds like new terms from the jargon :).

No problem it is always nice to learn new words, btw do u know what does JRC stands for?

Regards,

adewijaya
2011-05-01, 11:21 PM
JRC (redirected from JRC (disambiguation)) :D

jimjim
2011-05-02, 02:56 AM
Dear,

JRC refers to Japan Radio Company, a company that used to manufacture analog mobile telephone systems in the beginning of 90's. I just want to highlight one thing new words, subjects, issues, etc. comes everyday and for me I could not cope with every new item.

zlobster
2011-05-02, 11:23 PM
Dear All,

It began to smell like spam in this topic...:p

Anyway, one would assume that when a question is posted here, one would like to know the answer. Directly to jimjim - yes, I need to know this (and as it seems some more guys too).

BTW, the BSC is BSC6800, RAN11.

adewijaya
2011-05-03, 12:04 AM
RNCAP Radio Network Control Application

RAB Release
The RAB release procedure is also initiated by the CN and implemented by UTRAN.
The RAB release procedure can also be classified into the following three kinds:

������

DCH-DCH: The RRC connection is on a DCH before the RAB release and also

on a DCH after the RAB release.
������

CCH-CCH: The RRC connection is on a CCH before the RAB release and also

on a CCH after the RAB release.
������

DCH-CCH: The RRC connection is on a DCH before the RAB release and on a

CCH after the RAB release.
This section describes only the DCH-DCH RAB release procedure. Other kinds of
procedures may be known on the analogy of this procedure. Similar to the RAB setup
procedure, the DCH-DCH RAB release procedure on the radio interface can also be
further classified into the following two kinds:
������

Synchronized radio link reconfiguration

������

Unsynchronized radio link reconfiguration

This section describes only the RAB release procedure in the case of synchronized
radio link reconfiguration. The RAB release procedure in the case of unsynchronized
radio link reconfiguration may be known on the analogy of the Iub interface
unsynchronized radio link reconfiguration procedure.

In the case of user plane exception at RNC, the RNCAP shall send an RAB RELEASE REQUEST
message to the CN, requesting the CN to release the affected RAB

adewijaya
2011-05-03, 12:07 AM
it is no SPAM anymore :D

riyantoyadi
2011-05-03, 12:42 AM
big effort to explain

adewijaya
2011-05-03, 12:46 AM
to proven there is no SPAM here ;)

agenov
2011-05-03, 01:52 AM
RNCAP Radio Network Control Application

RAB Release
The RAB release procedure is also initiated by the CN and implemented by UTRAN.
The RAB release procedure can also be classified into the following three kinds:

������

DCH-DCH: The RRC connection is on a DCH before the RAB release and also

on a DCH after the RAB release.
������

CCH-CCH: The RRC connection is on a CCH before the RAB release and also

on a CCH after the RAB release.
������

DCH-CCH: The RRC connection is on a DCH before the RAB release and on a

CCH after the RAB release.
This section describes only the DCH-DCH RAB release procedure. Other kinds of
procedures may be known on the analogy of this procedure. Similar to the RAB setup
procedure, the DCH-DCH RAB release procedure on the radio interface can also be
further classified into the following two kinds:
������

Synchronized radio link reconfiguration

������

Unsynchronized radio link reconfiguration

This section describes only the RAB release procedure in the case of synchronized
radio link reconfiguration. The RAB release procedure in the case of unsynchronized
radio link reconfiguration may be known on the analogy of the Iub interface
unsynchronized radio link reconfiguration procedure.

In the case of user plane exception at RNC, the RNCAP shall send an RAB RELEASE REQUEST
message to the CN, requesting the CN to release the affected RAB

Quite interesting. Can you please clarify little bit what might trigger and what conditions should be met in order CN to initiate RAB release procedure toward RAN?

BR
Alex

zlobster
2011-06-13, 05:45 PM
to proven there is no SPAM here ;)

Ola!

I read it a bit late, but you know, better later than never.:p

And yep, it's not SPAM for sure.

Thanks!