PDA

View Full Version : Question CDMA2000 1x Capacity

DANORM
2011-04-25, 09:05 PM
Hello
I have questions about CDMA2000 1x capacity and I'll be glad if someone help me:

From OMC I've taken like this statistics:

1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for CE Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for Forward Power Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for WalshCode Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls 1X: CS Call Traffic (Erl) 1X: CS Call Setup Success Rate(%)

D - has 256 CE. has two carriers, 30w on 0-carrier and 30w on 2-carrier.
S - has 128 CE. has one carrier, 30w on 0-carrier
Z - is same as [22]Senaki
A - is same as [31]Delisi

Filtered and sorted by [1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for Forward Power Shortage] Data is like this:

Filtered and sorted by [1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for CE Shortage] Data is like this:

So my questions are:

1)In which situations are like this shortages?
1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for CE Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for Forward Power Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for WalshCode Shortage

for example we have 61 walsh code on one carrier sector, if so many users are calling same time there is walsh code shortage, but why is not CE shortage and also on the contrary?

2) How we can solve each problem?
CE Shortage walsh shortage forward power shortage

For example adding carrier on 1x solves which problem exactly?

Thanks

DANORM
2011-04-26, 05:02 PM
anybody can help?! plzzzz :L

telwind
2011-04-26, 05:36 PM

* 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for CE Shortage:

hardware limitation
* 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for Forward Power Shortage:

high number of users and/or in high packet data.
* 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for WalshCode Shortage:

walsh code limitation.

for example we have 61 walsh code on one carrier sector, if so many users are calling same time there is walsh code shortage, but why is not CE shortage and also on the contrary?

Yes. The walsh code shortage may happen when high data packet data rate attached (when high data rate call activated the short walsh code is used then sub-long walsh codes are unavailable to use).

* CE Shortage: add more CEs (channel card)
* walsh shortage: to use 128 code lenght or quasi-code (if your system support) and/or add more channel card. Adding carrier could help.
* forward power shortage: To add more site to reduce the site coverage or reduce the overhead power to reduce the site coverage. Adding carrier could help.

For example adding carrier on 1x solves which problem exactly? Yes. Except walsh code shortage, adding carrier is not add more CE but may attached more user, while CEs is pool.

Hello
I have questions about CDMA2000 1x capacity and I'll be glad if someone help me:

1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for CE Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for Forward Power Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for WalshCode Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls 1X: CS Call Traffic (Erl) 1X: CS Call Setup Success Rate(%)

[31]Delisi - has 256 CE. has two carriers, 30w on 0-carrier and 30w on 2-carrier.
[22]Senaki - has 128 CE. has one carrier, 30w on 0-carrier
[28]Zestafoni - is same as [22]Senaki
[62]ATS 73 - is same as [31]Delisi

Filtered and sorted by [1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for Forward Power Shortage] Data is like this:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/gio_trancer/powershortage.jpg

Filtered and sorted by [1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for CE Shortage] Data is like this:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/gio_trancer/CEshortage.jpg

So my questions are:

1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for CE Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for Forward Power Shortage 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for WalshCode Shortage

Thanks

dmitry28
2011-04-26, 06:22 PM
The main problem is not capacity in the forward link (Power limit). So there is blocking outgoing calls.
To reduce power in the forward link as well and decrease Walsh codes used, and channel elements Turn on dynamic handoff (soft slope >0)
Also to a decrease in power will increase Target FER to 3%

See http://www.finetopix.com/library/11929-esg-capacity-enhancement-solutions-cdma2000-1x-networks.html

DANORM
2011-04-26, 08:18 PM

* 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for CE Shortage:

hardware limitation
* 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for Forward Power Shortage:

high number of users and/or in high packet data.
* 1X: Number of Blocked Voice Calls for WalshCode Shortage:

walsh code limitation.

Yes. The walsh code shortage may happen when high data packet data rate attached (when high data rate call activated the short walsh code is used then sub-long walsh codes are unavailable to use).

* CE Shortage: add more CEs (channel card)
* walsh shortage: to use 128 code lenght or quasi-code (if your system support) and/or add more channel card. Adding carrier could help.
* forward power shortage: To add more site to reduce the site coverage or reduce the overhead power to reduce the site coverage. Adding carrier could help.

For example adding carrier on 1x solves which problem exactly? Yes. Except walsh code shortage, adding carrier is not add more CE but may attached more user, while CEs is pool.

To make a sequence the first shortage is Forward Power Shortage (from high number of user and big packet data in its coverage area)[solving problem is tilt down the sectors or add carrier or add sites]; then walsh code shortage (in 64 walsh code situation more than 61 user are calling on one carrier at same time); and last is CE shortage (hardware limitation at 128 CE, when more than 35 user is calling at the same time)[solving problem is add CE card].

and about walsh code shortage, i found some information that there is ARC function which adaptivly switches RC3 to RC4.

are these statements correct?

The main problem is not capacity in the forward link (Power limit). So there is blocking outgoing calls.
To reduce power in the forward link as well and decrease Walsh codes used, and channel elements Turn on dynamic handoff (soft slope >0)
Also to a decrease in power will increase Target FER to 3%

See http://www.finetopix.com/library/11929-esg-capacity-enhancement-solutions-cdma2000-1x-networks.html

as i understand if i decrease forward link power i will decrease also the number of users in service areas, so i need to make expansion to solve the problems with more additional users.

aosan
2011-04-26, 09:10 PM
Hello

[31]Delisi - has 256 CE. has two carriers, 30w on 0-carrier and 30w on 2-carrier.
[22]Senaki - has 128 CE. has one carrier, 30w on 0-carrier
[28]Zestafoni - is same as [22]Senaki
[62]ATS 73 - is same as [31]Delisi

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/gio_trancer/powershortage.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/gio_trancer/CEshortage.jpg

So my questions are:

Thanks

- CE Shortage...........pool resource, adding HW will solve this issue.
- walsh shortage..........reduce the SHO will help by turn On Dynamic funchtion. also adding extra carrier/site if not then use RC4 if your system support it (RC4 need more power than RC3).
- forward power shortage...........the main reason behind this is 1) SCH, try to optimize it especially 8x and 16x channels where more resourse are occupied. 2) unbalance between UL/DL, optimize the overhead channels.

dmitry28
2011-04-26, 09:26 PM
as i understand if i decrease forward link power i will decrease also the number of users in service areas, so i need to make expansion to solve the problems with more additional users.
Pilot, sync, Paging power remains the same. Therefore, the zone will be served with the same. Enabling dynamic handoff decreases secondary traffic. Reduces the number of traffic channels occupied channel elements and code Walsh. Therefore, decreasing the total power sector.

VitalyK
2011-04-27, 02:25 AM

If you have only forward power shortage (like in Senaki) you can decrease the Pilot power (paging and sync as well) and leave more power for TCH.
Of course you'll shrink the cell size but if you have many sites and good coverage it's not a problem. Try 0,25 dB step

DANORM
2011-04-27, 01:46 PM
thank you people for this support :)

T_ADD
2011-05-17, 01:11 PM
thank you people for this support :)

Mr DANCESTORM, is the screen shot file the BSC log file displayed in excel?

If so how can you do that? thanks.

DANORM
2011-05-29, 11:02 PM
Mr DANCESTORM, is the screen shot file the BSC log file displayed in excel?

If so how can you do that? thanks.

In ZTE CDMA2000 system there is software - CNO2 for taking statistics. So from this software you can export statistics as excel file.