PDA

View Full Version : FlexipacketMicrowave

rm77
2011-04-25, 12:36 AM
Hi;
Please find attached bellow this useful doc NSN about flexipacketMicrowave .
It contains a beautiful presentation about the newest Microwave products which carry TDM and Ethernet traffic:
-Flexipacket Firstmile
- Flexipacket HUB800
- Flexipacket Multiradio

So enjoy it and don’t forget to push thanks and rep.
No PW

harrypotter
2011-04-25, 10:26 AM
Do you have an existing installation already of this radio? Please share if you have.

rm77
2011-04-25, 05:24 PM
Hi;
Sorry we haven't installed it yet :(.

BR

prle
2011-04-26, 04:18 AM
We have.
Avoid it. We have faced many problems.
In next hardware releases it might be better.

harrypotter
2011-04-26, 05:43 AM
WHat are the common problems you have experienced? When will be the next product release? I know this is new Nokia product and the company that I work right now want this radio.

PLease i need more advise and feedback.

prle
2011-04-29, 03:15 AM
So called ZeroFootPrint solution is root for many problems.
It introduces so much restrictions you dont want to know.
LCT for FIMI is Web based, for FPR and HUB is regular LCT. NetViewer cannot see FIMI.
Licencing scheme is also bad for users.
QoS setting are complicated, and by my opinion definitely not proven 100% for all solutions.

The products are not developed in the same centre, so there are differencies in softwares and settings.

Etc

There is also to many manual settings for services, that could be automatically set.
I am not sure for next product release, but I think if you make an order now, that new version will be on your stock.

harrypotter
2011-04-29, 08:46 AM
HI Would you mind to share more issues please. Like what is the licensing schme issue, please explain.

prle
2011-05-01, 01:24 AM
Licences are for combination (modulation and capacity).
So you can have licence for 100Mb/s but cannot use higher modulation than 16QAM,...

If ODU breakes down, you need to pump up new ODU with new licence.
Of cource all licences are prepaid.

E******* for example, has much better licencing scheme and solution.

E1 emulation over ethernet occupies more bandwith (CIR for that service is 2.700kb/s)
You need to calculate jitter buffer sizes. And if you change link (expand capacity, add new E1s) you need to recalculate parameters and change settings for all E1s.

harrypotter
2011-06-07, 08:06 PM
Brothers... Im under pressure now with this Flexipacket evaluation... I need more details.. WHat are the issues, is the new release fixed the problem mentioned on this thread? Please advise. Is it really working or having more problem compared to Ceragon and E//.. I need your help.

prle
2011-06-08, 05:05 AM
I put my signature that it worked in lab at the end of last year :)
After 6 months, I can say it works. It is new product, it has problems, hardware and software. It is complicated, but ment to be one step ahead hybrid links.
Since TDM traffic is slowly dying, this CESoP in future maybe won't be so relevant.
Other vendors are developing similar platforms.

About new releases and improvements you have to check with your NSN sales representative.

arun909
2011-12-28, 02:12 AM
What are the diifereneces b/w Flexi packet radio and Ceragon's IP-10? which one is better?

paxan71
2012-01-27, 09:13 AM
What are the diifereneces b/w Flexi packet radio and Ceragon's IP-10? which one is better?
At a glance, power consumption of FlxiPacket is slightly less, Multiradio can be ODU only solution, bringing data + power via PoE injector, whilst IP10 does need indoor unit. I can share Product desciption for each, so you can compare them by yourself.

ankarb
2012-01-27, 03:42 PM
Hi,

could you share with us the Product descriptions?

Thanks in advance.

luca.b
2012-01-27, 06:03 PM
Anybody has already used Screen Service HS IDU Radiowave Link?

paxan71
2012-01-31, 11:31 PM
Hi,

could you share with us the Product descriptions?

Thanks in advance.

Please refer to attached file for the link to download FlexiPacket and Ceragon IP10 Product Descriptions.

simog72
2012-03-22, 08:08 PM
i'm tring different MW solutions , i saw ceragon aviat and SIAE microelettronica split and FO devices.can u provide me some additional infos , unfrotunatly i have not "reputation" in order to download attac.
we can share docs in other way?

ali hakim
2012-04-07, 01:31 AM
Dear My can't download this Doc Plz Help me

waqasahsan
2012-04-07, 07:23 PM
Due to limited privileges Credit-System-and-Download-Priviledges. (http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?10392-Credit-System-and-Download-Priviledges.)