PDA

View Full Version : Question Auto Detection of overshooting cells

justdream
2011-04-22, 03:49 AM
I'm thinking about smart "auto" way to detect or shortlist overshooting cells
as it's very time consuming to check it visually cell by cell based on TA distributions of MRs/ RLFs

Do you have smart way or idea to do this task?

stilloboy
2011-04-22, 06:28 AM
as it's very time consuming to check it visually cell by cell based on TA distributions of MRs/ RLFs

There's a way actually... With the help of Actix spotlight, you can generate an excel sheet (Cell coverage query obtained from the attribute explorer window) to which you can apply a set of filtering criteria to obtain a list of overshooting cells.

Kind regards

RF engineer
2011-04-22, 02:15 PM
There's a way actually... With the help of Actix spotlight, you can generate an excel sheet (Cell coverage query obtained from the attribute explorer window) to which you can apply a set of filtering criteria to obtain a list of overshooting cells.

Kind regards

Dear

Would you please show how to do it .

BR

loihut
2011-04-22, 05:23 PM

Kind regards

Pls guide us follow your perform way. Thanks!

kilisuci_kdr
2011-04-26, 08:11 AM
Hi, is there anyway else without using Actix?

stilloboy
2011-05-07, 03:40 AM
Dear

Would you please show how to do it .

BR

Dear friend,

Start by you creating a project in spotlight. When creating the project though, you should set the threshold for the maximum server distance in the "thresholds" option of "Step 2: Preferences and Thresholds". The values you choose will depend on the average inter-site distance of the cluster. A rule of thumb for calculating this maximum server distance is d/r=8/12, where d=intersite distance and r=the maximum server distance.

Kind Regards

Ummi
2011-05-07, 07:54 AM
there are alot tools could be, on average planning tools have this menu :D

stilloboy
2011-05-08, 04:39 PM
there are alot tools could be, on average planning tools have this menu :D

@Ummi
Patience my friend...

The next step would be to display the "attribute explorer" from the "View" option of the tools bar. Expand the option "Open Repositories" all the way to "Queries". If you are working on a 2G network for instance, you expand "GSM Analyses" ->"Crosstab Queries"->"GSM Cell Coverage Query UE". Then, right-click and select "Display on Workbook" option. The generated excel workbook can be utilized to obtain a list of overshooting cells. This I will talk about next... A sample excel workbook generated using this process is attached for those of you who are interested to see what it looks like. For 3G, the process is similar.

Best Regards

JJay
2011-05-08, 06:14 PM
If you have Ultima-Forte there is a feature for detecting over-shooting cells.

justdream
2011-05-08, 09:53 PM
If you have Ultima-Forte there is a feature for detecting over-shooting cells.

Do you know what's the idea oft his feature??

TEMS
2011-05-08, 11:06 PM

hi friend
you can use Aexio Xeus 2010 Pro for check overshooting cells
please see picture bellow:

justdream
2011-05-08, 11:46 PM
how could I've "Aexio Xeus 2010 Pro "?

kamy
2011-05-09, 12:33 AM
how could I've "Aexio Xeus 2010 Pro "?

contact Kean Chan for more information

Stealth
2011-05-09, 12:36 AM

U may use gtool. It works well.

JJay
2011-05-09, 03:57 AM
the idea is taking into account the number of interfering cells you have for each source sector and the amount of interference, sectors that have a relative large number of interfering sectors will be considered an overshooting cell. I think there are some parameters to fine tune it.
It is based on the interference matrix and distance of between sectors

dacoder
2011-05-09, 11:48 PM

Hi
Could you please explain how can we find overshooting cells based on TA measurements?

Thanks

justdream
2011-05-10, 01:11 AM
I'm searching like you..
but basiclly, you can get stats describing TAs distribution against MRs and RLFs

and you could draw them using Excal to show how many MRs/ RLFs at TA=0,1,2, etc

fine
2011-05-10, 04:10 AM
why not use something like this

stilloboy
2011-05-18, 08:13 PM
@Ummi
Patience my friend...

The next step would be to display the "attribute explorer" from the "View" option of the tools bar. Expand the option "Open Repositories" all the way to "Queries". If you are working on a 2G network for instance, you expand "GSM Analyses" ->"Crosstab Queries"->"GSM Cell Coverage Query UE". Then, right-click and select "Display on Workbook" option. The generated excel workbook can be utilized to obtain a list of overshooting cells. This I will talk about next... A sample excel workbook generated using this process is attached for those of you who are interested to see what it looks like. For 3G, the process is similar.

Best Regards

Continuing, the third step in this process would be to apply a set of filtering criteria, as given in the attachment below, to the previously attached "GSM Cell Coverage Query". These values are by no means restrictive, but from experience, they aid in "capturing" overshooting cells almost 95% of the time. Of course, lower values can be used for "number of samples" criterion. However, the result could be statistically less accurate due to, for example, a not too comprehensive drive-test route. In other words, we leave out those cells whose collected "number of samples" are too low in order to avoid casting a doubt on the results. This is usually the case when the drive routes are such that they don't cover comprehensively the given cells. A special case where the "number of samples" collected for a given sector may be low, despite a comprehensive drive, is when that cell suffers from low TRX power due to hardware issue. In this case, the cell is investigated especially by conducting a troubleshooting DT on the host site. So, having obtained our list of overshooting cells, we can go ahead to investigate them. We should note that these steps - from between when the "GSM Cell coverage Query" is generated to when the overshooting cells are obtained - can be "programmed" in an excel Macro.

KRs