PDA

View Full Version : SDCCH congestion in 2G/3G LAC border

electron
2011-04-21, 01:32 AM
hi friends,

How we can control high SDCCH congestion in border of 2G/3G LAC?

Actually in some cases i observed SDCCH traffic is less than 5 Erlang and already 4 or 5 SDCCH defined but still we will observe high SDCCH congestion . How we can overcome?

Thanks

kilisuci_kdr
2011-04-21, 01:34 AM
electron,
Is this mean you open the ISHO from 2G to 3G?

electron
2011-04-21, 01:36 AM
electron,
Is this mean you open the ISHO from 2G to 3G?

Yes of course it is activated and we have IRAT cell selection/Reselection and IRAT HO

agenov
2011-04-21, 01:59 AM
hi friends,

How we can control high SDCCH congestion in border of 2G/3G LAC?

Actually in some cases i observed SDCCH traffic is less than 5 Erlang and already 4 or 5 SDCCH defined but still we will observe high SDCCH congestion . How we can overcome?

Thanks

suppose you are talking about congestion due to LA updates (you should check before do anything what cause this congestion)...Not an easy task at all.
Few things come into my mind in prima vista. Of course the first one is to increase the number of SDCCHs to the max. Another options is to allow (depending on the vendor ) SDCCH reconfiguration over TCH channel (in ******** is known as fast call setup feature) thus improve voice users experience at least. SDCCH handover probably could help you little bit. If you have LA updates due to multiple inter system reselection and following LA updates you may play little bit with different settings for IRAT in idle and dedicated mode, of course all this in case of you have different LA areas for 3G and 2G.Check whether you can change azimuth/tilt suppose to reduce little bit cell's serving area.Another thing is to move LA border to not so active place like this one i.e to avoid big roads and etc. something like LA re-dimensioning. So far, i have faced several times similar cases like yours and the big impact has the last one, of course if it is applicable at all.

BR
Alex

stream1973
2011-04-21, 08:43 AM
do you think that is due to 3G/2G lac border for me I think you have to check for any no stable site (2G or 3G) around your cell for example transmission problem can cause this problem. thx

fon909
2011-04-21, 03:06 PM
if the problem is becoming too critical, with necessary permissions from authorized persons you may want to try and increase the hysteresis level, delay 2G/3G reselection a bit, along with solutions mentioned by other member's. Also, as you mentioned the traffic is not that high, instead of allocating dedicated SDCCH you may want to enable allocation of Dynamic SDCCH (if configured in system), this will reduce SD overhead when not required.