PDA

View Full Version : A discussion board for CDMA2000 1x and EVDO RF engineers!

Armagadon
2008-10-09, 02:05 AM
Hi friends...

in this topic I want to gather CDMA2000 1x and EVDO RF engineers to dicuss about our networks, argue about the frequent problems, share knowledge and solve each others problems...

This will be a great thing to know what are the common problems of CDMA networks and how to solve them...

I will start firstly,

what do you think about enabling the HHO in the network in case of having more than a carrier in the network? did anyone faced problems from that?

Armagadon
2008-10-10, 09:09 PM
No one interested??

gprastomo
2008-10-11, 02:46 AM
Hi,
I think not only CDMA2000 but also for 3G WCDMA/UMTS RF optimization
I agree with this discussion

taki
2008-10-11, 03:35 AM
I agree with you Gpra, what do you think Hassen?:p

hassen
2008-10-11, 03:56 AM
me too gprastomo and taki
the first generation was NMT analog system after GSM comes GPRS & EDGE .Now it is time to master UMTShttp://www.finetopix.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

optima2
2008-10-11, 02:10 PM
Excellent ideas.

newbielinz
2009-08-17, 12:43 AM
agree

so i wanna start 1 topix, how to optimize paging performance in cdma network? since paging problem not only rf part but bsc, msc part as well
for all of you, have you ever done some paging performance optimization? can you start to explain one by one?

thx
Newbielinz

k-lite
2010-04-16, 12:05 AM
Dear friends, a newbee has a question .

Does, anybody know, "why the Download throughput can't reach 3,1 Mbps, although i had drive test it with single user, single PN, C/I is above 13 and DRC around 3072?" :confused: How much the highest throughput (in theoretical and implementation)? :confused:

ussrback
2010-04-16, 12:52 AM
Perfect I agree with Armagedon. And lets dedicate this section only to CDMA.

I come with the following question.
1. is it possible ro locj phone on specific PN in QXDM?

da_manole
2010-04-16, 06:10 AM
Perfect I agree with Armagedon. And lets dedicate this section only to CDMA.

I come with the following question.
1. is it possible ro locj phone on specific PN in QXDM?

what's the reason for this? if the EC/Io it's under -16-17 you can't demodulate anything

da_manole
2010-04-16, 06:16 AM
Hi friends...

in this topic I want to gather CDMA2000 1x and EVDO RF engineers to dicuss about our networks, argue about the frequent problems, share knowledge and solve each others problems...

This will be a great thing to know what are the common problems of CDMA networks and how to solve them...

I will start firstly,

what do you think about enabling the HHO in the network in case of having more than a carrier in the network? did anyone faced problems from that?
it's necessary to enable HHO .but you should decrease the power on the second carrier .usual you will put the second carrier just on few BTSs with big traffic.The Ec/io on the second carrier will be much better than on 1st one(no noise from neighbor MSs)....usual you can start with 3 db less than 1st carrier.