PDA

View Full Version : Question AMR Codecs

justdream
2011-04-13, 04:29 PM
DEARS,

please share your experience about the proper settings of AMR codecs (full rate and half rate) and speech version

One friend, adviced me that proper settings of it will improve CDR, but didn't tell me how?

Please help

RF engineer
2011-04-13, 04:56 PM
DEARS,

please share your experience about the proper settings of AMR codecs (full rate and half rate) and speech version

One friend, adviced me that proper settings of it will improve CDR, but didn't tell me how?

Please help

Dear

For BSC 6000 you have according to you network interference as the codec choose depend on C/I but in general rule for AMR FR 4 codecs in ACS /HR 3 codecs in ACS, choice you can use as one code for high C/I let say 12.2 and one for worse C/I let say 4.75 and two in the middle C/I let say 7.4 and 5.9.

For HR the same thing but you have three choice .

for reducing the Call drop is that AMR calls Radio link timeout is greater than non AMR call because of the call can be continue in very bad radio condition let say C/I will shift from 12 to 6 or Quality from 5 to 6 and sometime 7 that why your call drop reduce .

BR

justdream
2011-12-06, 03:24 AM
Dears,

if you have A/IP & TDM BSCs in your network..
Shall you have different configuration for AMR codecs F/H rate??

jayk
2011-12-06, 07:33 AM
DEARS,

Please help

I observed negligible improvement in CDR but there was improvement in good RQI value.

There is no different configuration for Ip or TDM.

maahsan
2011-12-07, 04:21 AM
If you don't set the speech version correctly than it is possible that AMR won't work on your cell. You have to set Fulle rate ver 3 and Half rate ver 3 to 1 to enable those.

justdream
2011-12-07, 04:32 AM
Thanks, I'm speaking mainly about AMR ACS[F] & AMR ACS[H] in both TDM & AoIP BSCs "if you have both in your network"?