PDA

View Full Version : Actix Level Samples

awacs
2011-04-12, 11:04 PM
Dear Experts,

I have defined same ranges for Rxlevsub both in actix and in Mapinfo,but results are very different,Plz tell me what i am doing wrong in Actix?:(

Rooster[BG]
2011-04-13, 12:02 AM
What is the source for MapInfo thematic map ?

Actix has different binning settings so with different settings you will get different results.

awacs
2011-04-13, 01:55 PM
;124672']What is the source for MapInfo thematic map ?

Actix has different binning settings so with different settings you will get different results.

Source is of course a dedicated mode DT for a thematic.
Currently i am using time binning with 1000ms,what do you suggest and is there any same setting for Mapinfo as well?

Rooster[BG]
2011-04-13, 03:45 PM
Do you mean that when you plot RxLevSub on the map in Actix you see one result and when you export to MapInfo from Actix and create thematic map you get different result ?

If this is the case you can check in MapInfo if all of the samples (rows in MapInfo table) has value.
You can export from MapInfo to Excel so you can count the samples more easily.

Other option is to export from Actix to workbook and then use "Series Formatted Data" sheet to make MapInfo table.

If you are comparing to TEMS MapInfo Export for example, since there is no binning in these export it is normal that you will have different result.
Even with Message binning in Actix in most cases there are small differences between Actix and TEMS.

BR,
Rooster[bg]

awacs
2011-04-13, 05:41 PM
;124768']Do you mean that when you plot RxLevSub on the map in Actix you see one result and when you export to MapInfo from Actix and create thematic map you get different result ?

If this is the case you can check in MapInfo if all of the samples (rows in MapInfo table) has value.
You can export from MapInfo to Excel so you can count the samples more easily.

Other option is to export from Actix to workbook and then use "Series Formatted Data" sheet to make MapInfo table.

If you are comparing to TEMS MapInfo Export for example, since there is no binning in these export it is normal that you will have different result.
Even with Message binning in Actix in most cases there are small differences between Actix and TEMS.

BR,
Rooster[bg]

Yes i am talking abt TEMS mapinfo export,and what binning setting i should choose to get results as close to Mapinfo as in our company standard is mapinfo:p

Rooster[BG]
2011-04-13, 08:42 PM
Yes i am talking abt TEMS mapinfo export,and what binning setting i should choose to get results as close to Mapinfo as in our company standard is mapinfo:p

You need to set message binning (1 message) in Actix.

After that the samples number showing on the map and on histograms should be the same. Compare the results with the ones from TEMS MapInfo export. Values must be similar.

If the values from Actix are comparable with the ones from TEMS Export just export the map from Actix to MapInfo and create thematic map.

Depending on your project requirements you can use another binning types (location, distance, etc.). In that case you can't expect the same results from Actix and TEMS.

BR,
Rooster[bg]

D33T0X
2011-04-13, 11:48 PM
Binning, Mapinfo doesn't bin the data, Actix does.