PDA

View Full Version : Request - Poor RSCP and Good EcIo (EcNo) - Why?

cdmahn
2011-04-11, 11:28 PM
Dear Experts,

Could you pls give me some reasons for 3G coverage problem of poor RSCP and good EcIo (or EcNo)?

Thanks in advance

wolverine
2011-04-11, 11:35 PM
Anytime the pathloss is high (indoors, cell edge) but the cell is slightly loaded (in terms of traffic) will result in poor RSCP but good Ec/N0.

Walid Madih
2011-04-11, 11:37 PM
Dear Experts,

Could you pls give me some reasons for 3G coverage problem of poor RSCP and good EcIo (or EcNo)?

Thanks in advance
This is normal case if you have few sites on 3G or if you have a carrier not completed.
If you have less interference from other sites and from users you can have good Ec/No and bad RSCP.

tharinduwije
2011-04-12, 01:34 AM
Dear Experts,

Thanks in advance

Most of the time if u have just single carrier and no other same frequency signals with same power then most of the time Ec/Io is good and speeds are ok.If u have several carriers with same frequency almost same RSCP den Ec/Io is bad.:(
Trust me Its better this way dan the other way around. :)

agenov
2011-04-12, 03:25 AM
Dear Experts,

Thanks in advance

all you need to know in order to answer that question is the relation between Ec/No,RSCP and RSSI i.e Ec/No = RSCP/RSSI [W]. From this simple equation you can see that RSSI and everything that affect it has very big impact over Ec/No. In other words you may have good RSCP but if RSSI is bad (because of pilot pollution, very high speed, external interference, huge traffic load and etc.) then Ec/No will be negatively affected and vice verse when you have relatively low RSCP but since the RSSI is good enough then Ec/No will be OK.

BR
Alex

redtomato168
2011-04-26, 01:29 PM
when some second carrier onair, it very good EcNo

kevin_h811
2011-09-09, 01:13 PM
Hi CDMAHN,

You can improve your RSCP by adjusting the antenna, but maintain Good Ec/No or Ec/Io.Remeber to maintain 3 cells serving the area to avoid Pilot Pollution and Poor Quality.
Check for overshooting sites and optimize them.Most of the cases of Poor Quality and Poor RSCP are due to overshooting sites.

br//

ahmadruslani
2011-09-09, 06:19 PM
as a preliminary solution, reducing Primary CPICH power of the interfered cell/s might helps, especially if you already tried RET and mechanical Tilt.

Cheers.