PDA

View Full Version : E*******: LTE question

jkpllan3
2011-04-09, 12:42 AM
Hi my friends of finetopix!

Right now I am about to start a LTE trial with E*******. I hope you can help me to figure out some topics about this technology. I have experience in CDMA, so it would be great if you try to link the answers with CDMA (if it is possible).

I know that LTE uses OFDM for DL and SC-FDMA for UL, so my question is if I have 10MHZ of bandwidth which will be the best channelization in order to make a frecuency plan for an urban zone? 5MHz or 100MHz, why?

Two sectors in the same carrier/frecuency could be neighbors? How can an LTE user equipment difereciate between 2 sectors? Do LTE have pilots like CDMA?

I know that LTE voice is transmited through VoIP, but I wonder what is the data rate it costs? which VoIP protocol is used?

Thanks

marko
2011-04-09, 01:43 AM
check this :

http://www.finetopix.com/requests/17043-lte-umts-evolution-lte-advanced.html

mp9413
2011-04-09, 07:17 PM
Hi my friends of finetopix!

Right now I am about to start a LTE trial with E*******. I hope you can help me to figure out some topics about this technology. I have experience in CDMA, so it would be great if you try to link the answers with CDMA (if it is possible).

I know that LTE uses OFDM for DL and SC-FDMA for UL, so my question is if I have 10MHZ of bandwidth which will be the best channelization in order to make a frecuency plan for an urban zone? 5MHz or 100MHz, why?

Two sectors in the same carrier/frecuency could be neighbors? How can an LTE user equipment difereciate between 2 sectors? Do LTE have pilots like CDMA?

I know that LTE voice is transmited through VoIP, but I wonder what is the data rate it costs? which VoIP protocol is used?

Thanks

If you have 10MHz, use 10MHz for all cells should give you better average throughput per cell.

Similar to CDMA scrambling code, LTE cells use PCI code to differentiate from each other.

VoIP, no idea. Maybe some experts can help.