PDA

View Full Version : Compressed mode for IRAT & IFHO at the same time

wolverine
2011-04-08, 06:14 AM
Hello,

According to 3GPP it is possible to order a UE to go into compressed mode and measure IRAT neighbours and IFHO neighbours at the same time (sequentially of course).

Does anyone have working experience of a UTRAN vendor that provides such a feature? If so, which one?

Finally if it is possible to provide a trace extract of a measurement control message that configures such a compressed mode pattern it would be much appreciated.

agenov
2011-04-08, 01:32 PM
Hello,

According to 3GPP it is possible to order a UE to go into compressed mode and measure IRAT neighbours and IFHO neighbours at the same time (sequentially of course).

Does anyone have working experience of a UTRAN vendor that provides such a feature? If so, which one?

Finally if it is possible to provide a trace extract of a measurement control message that configures such a compressed mode pattern it would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I believe that all of the vendors proceeding in that manner. Huawei also use it.

BR
Alex

qaqa
2011-04-09, 12:02 AM
During compressed mode the mobile will measure all allowed frequancies are rank for IRAT decision. IRAT HO is also considered IFHO :-)

s52d
2011-04-09, 02:34 AM
Hi,

I believe that all of the vendors proceeding in that manner. Huawei also use it.

BR
Alex

AFAIK:
Combined measurement is recent addition to 3GPP standards.
I do not know if old terminals (R4, R5...) support it.

Few years ago (RAS4/RAS5 times), Nokia had two theresholds:
- if signal is good, try IFHO (on same RAT)
- signal is bad, try IRAT (H/O to GSM)

E******* decided nobody should ever use either GSM (Japan) or more than 5 MHz.
So for each cell, only one active mode handover is possible: either IRAT or IFHO.
Idle mode is OK.
This breaks golden rule: idle and active mode shall be same.
Workaround: do IFHO like: f1->GSM->f2 ;-)

Best regards

s52d