PDA

View Full Version : Mute Call Problem

Lesmana
2011-04-07, 09:03 AM
Dear Experts,

1) Please explain the reason for mute call (Huawei) ?

2) Another problem we recently facing about cell phone saturation. After staying idle mode for a long period (40 to 50 mins), the user not able to receive any call from other parties. whenever any of his friends call him,got the message that :the mobile can not be connected though the called party's phone is ON and showing full network on mobile screen.

On the otherhand, If the same user(whose pone goes saturation) tries to call some other person, He can easily connect.

This problem not related with the handset.Cause the user changed several handsets and brand. But the same peoblem exist with the changed phones.

Can anyone explain the reason?

regards

fon909
2011-04-07, 02:41 PM
In which technology are you experiencing call mute problem? I have no idea about the cause of call mute in 3G, however in 2G one of the reasons could be a faulty time slot (whose c/n is above defined threshold) or a faulty TRX itself.
Solution: Check 'Alarms', if CFR (channel failure rate) is above defined threshold then try locking that particular time slot. If alarm shows TRX degraded or any other TRX issue, then try replacing it.

Regarding 2nd problem I'll get back to you.

fon909
2011-04-07, 03:05 PM
need some clarification on the 2nd problem. does that problem (phone saturation) occur in a particular cell? When in the same cell is that problem common to other users as well?

srilasitha
2011-04-07, 03:17 PM
Dear Experts,

1) Please explain the reason for mute call (Huawei) ?

2) Another problem we recently facing about cell phone saturation. After staying idle mode for a long period (40 to 50 mins), the user not able to receive any call from other parties. whenever any of his friends call him,got the message that :the mobile can not be connected though the called party's phone is ON and showing full network on mobile screen.

On the otherhand, If the same user(whose pone goes saturation) tries to call some other person, He can easily connect.

This problem not related with the handset.Cause the user changed several handsets and brand. But the same peoblem exist with the changed phones.

Can anyone explain the reason?

regards

Please explain the issue is on GSM or 3G and whether this is happening in particular site, LAC, BSC, MSC only

And what about the signal strength, Quality of the affected area

then you can trace the issue

probable causes for mute call

A interface cct switching, interference, TRX issues, BTS cable connection issues, Abis interface errors, etc

2nd problem may or may not related to the first problem

probably it is happening due to the paging issue caused either due to above reasons or some other reasons

kaizzer545
2011-04-07, 11:28 PM
1) At first instance you can interchange some TRX to allocate the issue, I think it for almost it is a problem for the internal FILTER
2)You can check where it is directed through KPI's, but maybe you can start by Pagin congestion

THANKS

riyantoyadi
2011-04-08, 02:29 AM
Mute call probably due to :

1. parameter timer at Radio Link (RLT) too long (not proper) ideally 20SACCH
2. Low Coverage/no dominant cell serving
3. XCDR problem
4. Transmission BER at BTS or Upper layer (Ater/Iu)
5. BTS problem on TRx

justdream
2011-04-08, 02:32 AM
regarding 1st. problem: if it happens only for one site so check TRXs, faulty Hw units

it if happens to several sites, so almost this is E1 problem "in this you need to ask MSC guys to do CIC test"

regarding 2nd. problem: I don't know about it

riyantoyadi
2011-04-08, 02:41 AM
TRAU problem i mean, could be faulty HW or Bad Transmission Ater

Lesmana
2011-04-27, 02:51 AM
Dear Optimizers,

Thanks a lot for your valuable comments regarding above two problems.

This is a GSM 2G Network running with 900(EGSM) and 1800 band.

@ Justdream--

Mute call is happening in many sites, Not in any specific cell. yes it might be related with transmission (XCDR).

Would you please tell me a little more about the CIC test in MSC ? What & how to do that.

@Kaizzer 545-- how internal filter can cause mute call?
2nd problem might be related with paging congestion..we are working on it..

@Srilasitha-- Signal strength in good at that area. external interference exist in that area with egsm band and also with the hopping channels(1800).

Please tell more about A interface cct switching. how to check in huawei?

@fon909-- This phone saturation problem is happening in 3 different places.2 places are in same BSC abd LAC and other one is in another BSC,LAC. MSC is same.

waiting for ur comments...

thanks

tremalnike
2011-04-27, 03:34 AM
About 1: Perform drive test and see is problem depend of codec. Try to disable DTX and test also. Abis trace will help a lot.
If problem persist - I vote for MSC problem - call MSC guys to perform some traces and etc.

About 2: Check your LA dimensioning for problems

BR

mohyedeen_alkousy
2011-04-27, 10:21 AM
hi
u can check the mute call problems in huawei with the feature explained in the attached file

the.rf.consultant
2011-04-28, 06:51 AM
There are varied reasons for Mute Call Problem experienced on a certain parts of the network.

1. Is the hardware prob of E1 connection defined but is not utilized where some traffic happen to pass through it.
2. Paging congestion where LAC dimensioning and splitting was not done as the network grows. The problem will be experienced on particular LAC.
3. There is a discrepancy between the BSS side T3212 assigned value to the MSC (local & global) assigned paging values.

riyantoyadi
2011-04-28, 08:13 AM
yes i remember from Huawi especially :

is it using Fix Abis or Franctional Abis? many happend problem on Franctional Abis

ltecity
2011-04-28, 02:21 PM
Dear,
1. Mute Call
In CDMA Huawei this due to Hardho,
For Resove it Set HHOMA para (Maho Hrd Ho Para)
2. Not rechable
Set System message para SPM Registration time to 1 Min.