PDA

View Full Version : Code Congestion

mobilink999
2011-04-06, 08:47 PM
Hi,
I am facing Code congestion on both CS and PS affecting CSSR. Any idea what t0 do other than adding new Layer :)
(Huawei 3G)
MAXUSERNUMCODEADJ is set to 1. Do you think setting it to 3 will give relieve ??

?

Walid Madih
2011-04-06, 08:55 PM
Hi,
I am facing Code congestion on both CS and PS affecting CSSR. Any idea what t0 do other than adding new Layer :)
(Huawei 3G)
MAXUSERNUMCODEADJ is set to 1. Do you think setting it to 3 will give relieve ??

?

Normally the most obvious way is to add another layer.
But there 's other ways:
Change full coverage parameters.
Change the Compress mode from SF/2 to HLS.
You can use PUC feature to reduce the load of the cell in idle mode.

Regards,
Walid

mobilink999
2011-04-06, 09:08 PM
Thnx for reply walid,
Both layers are facing Code Congestion so PUC will not help I think.
Do you think changing order of action in LDR will help if I put codeadj at first ??

Walid Madih
2011-04-06, 09:10 PM
Thnx for reply walid,
Both layers are facing Code Congestion so PUC will not help I think.
Do you think changing order of action in LDR will help if I put codeadj at first ??
PUC will work I think.
but start by changing to first action CoAdj it will help for sure.
Then see how the network will react.

mobilink999
2011-04-06, 09:29 PM
This switch is set to False "CodeCongSelInterFreqHoInd "

I am now putting LDR as first action. Dont you think this switch should be set to true ??
Below is description:

CodeCongSelInterFreqHoInd

Description:This switch is valid only when the inter-frequency handover switch is enabled. TRUE means that inter-frequency handover is selected in code resource congestion. FALSE means that inter-frequency handover is not selected in code resource congestion. This parameter should be set based on network resource usage. In the case of multi-frequency coverage, if code resources present a bottleneck, such as indoor environment, the parameter is recommended to be set to TRUE. When the value is TRUE, users can be selected for inter-frequency handover during code resource congestion, which can easily release code congestion and use multi-frequency resources. However, the risk of inter-frequency blink handover increases.

GUI value range:FALSE(FALSE), TRUE(TRUE)

Actual value range:FALSE, TRUE

Unit:None

Default value:FALSE

Recommended Value:FALSE

Walid Madih
2011-04-06, 09:43 PM
This switch is set to False "CodeCongSelInterFreqHoInd "

I am now putting LDR as first action. Dont you think this switch should be set to true ??
Below is description:

CodeCongSelInterFreqHoInd

Description:This switch is valid only when the inter-frequency handover switch is enabled. TRUE means that inter-frequency handover is selected in code resource congestion. FALSE means that inter-frequency handover is not selected in code resource congestion. This parameter should be set based on network resource usage. In the case of multi-frequency coverage, if code resources present a bottleneck, such as indoor environment, the parameter is recommended to be set to TRUE. When the value is TRUE, users can be selected for inter-frequency handover during code resource congestion, which can easily release code congestion and use multi-frequency resources. However, the risk of inter-frequency blink handover increases.

GUI value range:FALSE(FALSE), TRUE(TRUE)

Actual value range:FALSE, TRUE

Default value:FALSE

Recommended Value:FALSE

No need!
Now CodeAdj is set in witch action?
You can check from stats how many LDR code Adj you have hten you can compare after u put it in the first action.

riyantoyadi
2011-04-06, 09:47 PM
yes some case solved with just setting LDR, but remember you consider with real trafic situation, consider with type of traffic and user number. Actually on my experience, it must be clear if you adding second carrier or adding some sector on indoor site

pongpang
2011-04-07, 12:29 AM
hi all,

-can everyone explain in detail of MaxUserNumCodeAdj ??
-can we change HSPDSCHMINCODENUM (etc.,,from 10 to 8 )or DLBETRAFFTHSONHSDPA to solve this problem??

thanks,

Walid Madih
2011-04-07, 12:31 AM
hi all,

-can everyone explain in detail of MaxUserNumCodeAdj ??
-can we change HSPDSCHMINCODENUM (etc.,,from 10 to 8 )or DLBETRAFFTHSONHSDPA to solve this problem??

thanks,
-MaxUserNumCodeAdjMax user number of code adjustDescription:This parameter specifies the number of users selected in code reshuffling. Code reshuffling can be triggered only when the number of users on a code is no greater than the threshold. Code reshuffling has a big impact on the QoS. In addition, the reshuffled subscribers occupy two code resources during code reshuffling. Thus, the parameter should be set to a comparatively low value.
GUI value range:1~3
Actual value range:1~3

- Yes if you reduce HSPDSCHMINCODENUM it will reduce the code congestion but the average throughput of the cell will reduce as well.

regards,
walid

mobilink999
2011-04-07, 12:56 AM
"Code reshuffling can be triggered only when the number of users on a code is no greater than the threshold"

Walid which threshold is this. That confuses in this statement.

agenov
2011-04-08, 12:25 AM
Hi,
(Huawei 3G)

?

How many HSDPA reserved codes you have been set?
Do you use automatic or manual set?
In case of you have reserved some codes just reduce their number till congestion disappeared.

BR
Alex

riyantoyadi
2011-04-08, 02:02 AM
another parameter to threshold

mobilink999
2011-04-14, 05:38 PM
Alex we have 5 code reserved for HS. I will trail it by reducing HS code some time and share my exp.

agenov
2011-04-14, 05:45 PM
Alex we have 5 code reserved for HS. I will trail it by reducing HS code some time and share my exp.

Hi,

Set it to 1 and ensure you have enabled Dynamical Code allocation at NodeB level switch.
After that check why you have so big consumption of DL codes, is it because of bigger CS demand or PS. if it is PS check why there is less PS HSDPA allocations than R99 (the most of the UE nowadays must support HSPA).If this is the case there are few parameters you can play with.

All the best my friend.

BR
Alex

romagdinio
2011-04-16, 06:16 PM
you have to try to set the code allocation from the RNC side to be "manual", and enable the dynamic code allocation switch from the Node B side. this will definitely reduce the congestion.

Walid Madih
2011-04-17, 07:46 AM
you have to try to set the code allocation from the RNC side to be "manual", and enable the dynamic code allocation switch from the Node B side. this will definitely reduce the congestion.
Very good answer!!

fahmi
2011-05-20, 02:28 AM

Very good answer!!

could you please explain why such an action will reduce the code congestion ?

agenov
2011-05-20, 05:07 AM

Hi my friend,

do u have any progress?

BR
Alex

Interface
2011-05-20, 12:06 PM
Hi All,
I think that you can do as some actions bellow:
- Reduce the overshoot of coverage.
- Set the max number of AS from 3 to 2.
- How many per cent Code for CS, R99 and HS. Base on this you can reduce the max number user used high code : Sf4, sf8 to reserve the code for other user.
- Adjust the coverage of congestion site and other site around it to share the traffic.