PDA

View Full Version : Question E*******'s pmPropagationDelay counter

ptl9699
2011-04-05, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone, hoping to get some help regarding E*******'s pmPropagationDelay counter. How do we properly interpret it? From what I understand, there are 41 bins in the counter which corresponds to a range of percentage in which the sample was received with correct CRC (and one with maximum delay). I was wondering how this could be converted to distance calculations (much like TA was used in GSM). And also, how would the parameter CellRange affect this counter (if it even does). Hope anyone could help me understand this :) A supplementary document is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance!

Mctest
2011-04-05, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone, hoping to get some help regarding E*******'s pmPropagationDelay counter. How do we properly interpret it? From what I understand, there are 41 bins in the counter which corresponds to a range of percentage in which the sample was received with correct CRC (and one with maximum delay). I was wondering how this could be converted to distance calculations (much like TA was used in GSM). And also, how would the parameter CellRange affect this counter (if it even does). Hope anyone could help me understand this :) A supplementary document is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance!

Hello!According to the docs,the first position in PDF counter is [0] [0]: Maximum delay in number of chips, 0..2562 chips. Using this value you can calculate the distance!Chip duration is constant =0.26 micro seconds and the speed of light you know.It is everything what you should know in order to calculate the distance.

ptl9699
2011-04-05, 04:20 PM
Hello!According to the docs,the first position in PDF counter is [0] [0]: Maximum delay in number of chips, 0..2562 chips. Using this value you can calculate the distance!Chip duration is constant =0.26 micro seconds and the speed of light you know.It is everything what you should know in order to calculate the distance.

Thanks Mctest :) From what I know, we could calculate distance from (Propagation Delay)*(Speed of light), but it's still not clear to me how it corresponds to all the bins in the pmPropagationDelay counter which from Alex, showed percentage ranges for each bin. Hope you could provide further info or documents to aid me :)

sonerss
2011-04-06, 02:45 PM
hi

you can give this command in nodeb level "pmom all pmPropagationDelay". It gives you info about this counter. Also you can find more info about

http://www.finetopix.com/live-optimization/16501-propagation-delay.html

http://www.finetopix.com/e*******/15806-e*******-pmpropagationdelay-counter-usage.html

Thanks Mctest :) From what I know, we could calculate distance from (Propagation Delay)*(Speed of light), but it's still not clear to me how it corresponds to all the bins in the pmPropagationDelay counter which from Alex, showed percentage ranges for each bin. Hope you could provide further info or documents to aid me :)