PDA

View Full Version : Original HO problem in better cell

haq_enam
2011-03-29, 08:37 PM
Vendor: Huawei
Two cells in the building both are having very good coverage and qaulity. But in the upper floor suddenly one indoor cell is not handover to another indoor cell rather than HO occur in the outdoor that is quite bad that indoor cell. RXlevel is xtremtly good and no reason to make HO with outdoor cells... Problem in the dedicated mode...but in the idle mode 591 is serving but not dedicated mode... It just happen in the one of the upper floor and rest of the floors are okey....

Can u provide any solution for that.. may be becasue of parametes setting....

I have attached something to u to see...if u need more pls let me know

rohit.jain482
2011-03-29, 08:55 PM
Two cells in the building both are having very good coverage and qaulity. But in the upper floor suddenly one indoor cell is not handover to another indoor cell rather than HO occur in the outdoor that is quite bad that indoor cell. RXlevel is xtremtly good and no reason to make HO with outdoor cells... Problem in the dedicated mode...but in the idle mode 591 is serving but not dedicated mode... It just happen in the one of the upper floor and rest of the floors are okey....

It is possible that the neighbor definition is not done in that floor, or the handover margins may be very high. Hence the HO is not taking place.

m121
2011-03-29, 08:56 PM
Hi,
I can't see you attach but I will try to help you.
In Dedicated mode on that floor do MS see that cell and is able to report it back to BTS?
One reason could be that on that floor MS "hears" some other outdoor cell with the same BCCH and/or BSIC so it can't report your indoor cell because it can't decode it's BSIC.

adewijaya
2011-03-29, 09:04 PM
is using Power Control or Not? Please see for your PC setting

auto_art
2011-03-29, 09:05 PM

as said above check for defination & then HO margins
if u found them well, check for the cell layers(hirerichal cell structure) whether both indor aand outdoor cells are in same layer.

other thing i am suspecting check for the HO KPI of that indoor celll. whether that cell is taking HO from other cells. if that too correct..trying redefine nei.

haq_enam
2011-03-31, 12:38 PM
is using Power Control or Not? Please see for your PC setting

We are using PC ..Other floors HO is taking place fine but in the top floor it is making HO poor cells comapre to too gigh good indoor cell

haq_enam
2011-03-31, 12:40 PM
as said above check for defination & then HO margins
if u found them well, check for the cell layers(hirerichal cell structure) whether both indor aand outdoor cells are in same layer.

other thing i am suspecting check for the HO KPI of that indoor celll. whether that cell is taking HO from other cells. if that too correct..trying redefine nei.

yes i need to chk HO margin.... Layer is different, Indoor layer is in 1 and outdoor layer is 2.....HO should have indoor cell

auto_art
2011-03-31, 12:45 PM
put both out door & indoor in same layer then check..for tsting u need to do changes..for seeing effects..without changes u wil get nothing...

riyantoyadi
2011-03-31, 01:04 PM
is it clear or still happend? in my experience many highrise building have less indoor antenna so for this area must be consider for idle RxLev not below -55dBm

bdplanner
2011-03-31, 02:16 PM
We provide one way in Handover relation for the upper floors of IBS. This way many problems have been solved.

mond86
2011-04-05, 03:52 PM
Check your floor planning..
Whether in one floor you have 2 indoor cell serving the same floor or only 1 cell only...
If you have 2 indoor cell serving the same floor make sure they are both defined as neighbor...
If you have 1 indoor cell serving the same floor..
Check the define neighbors if you have defined a outdoor cell as a neighbor or just that cell.

Verify the signal level on the floor near a window check if there were any cell with the same BCCH as the indoor cell..

If none "that's good"
If there is "modify the BCCH either the outdoor or the indoor make sure it would not interfere with the other cell"

Second if you found a outdoor cell near the window be judgeful if it's necessary to add as a neighbor or not..
Check there signal level strength and quality if they are close enough ( -75dBm to -78dBm) use a Lock BCCH feature of your tool. Make sure that both are having a good siganl and quality.. If the outdoor signal level is same with the indoor but having a poor quality removed it as your neighbor then re-check if its still serving the floor modify your CRO it would be for IDLE to make the MS camp for the indoor cell.(Both are in the same signal level scenario)

If both have the same signal level and a good quality, defined both as neighbor. it's up to you if you want the MS camp on the outdoor cell if MS is near window, modify CRO and PBGT to make the MS camp more on the indoor cell or modify your Access_Min of outdoor cell to tighten the access of the MS.

Check also your default HO parameters for correct settings....

If it helps to anyone don't forget to give me Reputation and Thanks

Thanks