PDA

View Full Version : Swap activities from one vendor to another

bdplanner
2011-03-29, 02:10 PM
Dear members,
Lot of swapping from one vendor to other is going to happen this moment (at least where I work). So I have to manage those projects from now on. Can the experts please suggest which process you usually follow after swap? I know i have to do the inconsistencies checking on parameter , database etc. I have to look after those sites which has high MPD etc. How should I do it in an organized way?

Thanks for your support.

electron
2011-03-29, 02:56 PM
Dear members,
Lot of swapping from one vendor to other is going to happen this moment (at least where I work). So I have to manage those projects from now on. Can the experts please suggest which process you usually follow after swap? I know i have to do the inconsistencies checking on parameter , database etc. I have to look after those sites which has high MPD etc. How should I do it in an organized way?

Thanks for your support.

Initial tuning( DT , Swap test ,coverage test,...)

Coverage optimization

bdplanner
2011-03-29, 03:07 PM
Initial tuning( DT , Swap test ,coverage test,...)

Coverage optimization

Dear Senior,
A more elaboration on the mentioned system( when you have free time)will be helpful for us.
Thanks.

srilasitha
2011-03-29, 03:12 PM
configuration parameter mapping between vendors is need as the optimized parameter before swap need to transfer to the other vendor.

For Radio comparison
Better to have a swap SSV report with both drive test data and OSS KPIs.
In order to compare KPI from one vendor to the other it is better to have a KPI formula matching between vendors

auto_art
2011-03-29, 03:16 PM
what i do in these activities is data comparison pre-post..design data base in microsoft acces & than make queries..

try to compare this way
PRE-post DCR cells having>2%
PRE-post TCH_CONG cells having>1%

clusters level KPI on NBH. pre post comparison...

only this way u can compare them effectivly at macro level..

frenchy
2011-03-29, 05:33 PM
here are the activities that are performed in a ongoing swap where i worked:

--few hours after swap: check the KPI of the site/cells: are the cells taking traffic? do they performed HO normally with internal and external cells (internal=new vendor cells, external=previous vendor)? if not, check neighbours relations declaration in OMC

-few hours or day+1 after swap, perform drive tests around site and test 2G and 3G: are the sectors crossed? is 2G HO ok? any drop call? is cssr ok,? is 2G data performed correctly?
3G: is SHO ok on all cells? check missing neighbour. is 3G HSxA working on all cells?

- day +1 after swap: perform an inconsistency parameters check (versus templates: 2G 900, 2G 1800, 2G extended cell, 3G frequency 1, 3G frequencies 2 and 3) ) and neighbour relations check: => run scripts to correct discrepancies or add missing neighbours

this is the basic optimisation, then an indeepth optimisation is done on a cluster level, with DT comparaison pre and post swap are performed, KPIs analysis.

then you have some pre swap activities: pre swap drive tests, 2G power mapping.

on some swap i worked for, a swap report per site were done: pre and post swap drive tests, pre and post swap KPI analysis (3 days window)

these are general activities

then you'll have to go to specific: which KPI and thresolds, mapping of the KPI and their formulas between vendors, which services to perform during drive tests, what to drive, where to drive, how to drive (tools, number of mobiles, scenarios) and how to post process them, size of the window for the KPI analysis and comparison, etc etc

justdream
2011-07-23, 08:25 PM
Dear Frenchy,

Thanks a lot for your detialed feedback..
Is it possible to share one of your reports?

also please guide how to do parameters Mapping between vendors?