PDA

View Full Version : Question Switching between 3G and HSDPA

titoe80
2011-03-24, 10:49 AM
Dear 3G Expert,

Can any one help to explain for me:
1. In PS domain in UTRAN network, what control UE change from HSDPA to R99 and vice versa.
2. What affect the downgrading of speed of HSDPA or R99?

Many thanks

plannerguy
2011-03-24, 06:37 PM
It is based on the CQI ie channel quality indicator

regards
Plannerguy

srilasitha
2011-03-25, 04:54 PM
if user does not downloading for some period, his RAB will be released.

then he will move from HSDPA to WCDMA state.

When he try to download again he will get a RAB again.

tsiz
2011-03-25, 11:47 PM
Dear 3G Expert,

1. In PS domain in UTRAN network, what control UE change from HSDPA to R99 and vice versa.

Many thanks

There are many factors involved-

EcNo/RSCP, Modulation scheme(16QAM, 64QAM), number of codes allocated etc and the CQI.

oswe
2011-03-27, 12:34 AM
Dear 3G Expert,

Many thanks

1. different algorythms control this as you can change to R99 because of inactivity (traffic), quality (cqi) or capacity reasons. even problems in TX can trigger a change to R99 for example we had problem in ATM AAL2PATH path dedicated to HSDPA ... then the user only had traffic in R99. MSC can also trigger indirectly the switch to R99 if your user has a throughput limitation of less than 384kbps (which wont need a big hs-channel)

2. normally in a stable network the user will not know ... because he is going to R99 after inactivity period. But in a non-expected situation ... of course he will notice it because of the low speed compared to HS channel..
:p

riyantoyadi
2011-03-27, 12:52 AM
i will try to answer :

1. PS to HSDPA change and vice versa due to :
a. Ec/No and RSCP
b. CQI
c. Strategic from Operator (Huawei don't have 514kbps but 628kbps), if we setting our network due to E2End QoS so will adjusting by : User Profile (SASN on E*******) and Network Capable (if offload or overload) then don't forget with type of UE/Modem (some of them didn't support HSDPA)

2. Depend on Operator Guarantee per User, based on licence for each sector or polling system (Huawei Support every sector until 96 user HSDPA in R12 but NSN still 96 on polling RAN10) so too many user needs more code then will be share/downgrade the speed/throughput

Hopefullly it could be answer your question then you got the point.

titoe80
2011-03-28, 12:23 PM
i will try to answer :

1. PS to HSDPA change and vice versa due to :
a. Ec/No and RSCP
b. CQI
c. Strategic from Operator (Huawei don't have 514kbps but 628kbps), if we setting our network due to E2End QoS so will adjusting by : User Profile (SASN on E*******) and Network Capable (if offload or overload) then don't forget with type of UE/Modem (some of them didn't support HSDPA)

2. Depend on Operator Guarantee per User, based on licence for each sector or polling system (Huawei Support every sector until 96 user HSDPA in R12 but NSN still 96 on polling RAN10) so too many user needs more code then will be share/downgrade the speed/throughput

Hopefullly it could be answer your question then you got the point.

Dear ..,

Thank all, there are very useful to me - a newbie and.

Could you give me a nemo logfile to demostration for your answers?

Many thanks!

pnv123456789
2011-04-23, 12:55 PM
Dear ..,

Thank all, there are very useful to me - a newbie and.

Could you give me a nemo logfile to demostration for your answers?

Many thanks!

Hot topic, my network happened like this?

someone has new idea about that?