PDA

View Full Version : Question 3G Video call Bandwidth requirment

faares
2011-03-23, 01:02 PM
Hi all,

i would like to ask the following questions:

1) what is the minimum bandwidth requirment for 3G video call (we r luching 3G soon only for Voice and Video call services and later for data )

2) If there is 4 E1 connceted from RNC to NODE B , do you think it is enough for video call services , and how money subscriber can make voice and video call at one time.

huawei verndor

thanks in advance

wolverine
2011-03-23, 05:33 PM
VT (Video Telephony) uses a 64kbps bearer. There are a number of factors that need to be taken into account in order to answer your second question. Iub bandwidth is just one of them. Considering you have 4xE1s i.e. approx 8Mbps of BW you will probably run into UL interference and DL power limitations before you run into Iub limitations if you just consider voice (12.2kbps) and VT (64kbps).

I guess the use of VT depends on the market but at least in Western Europe VT never took off and is hardly worth taking into account for any dimensioning exercise..

scorpion
2011-03-23, 10:11 PM
VT (Video Telephony) uses a 64kbps bearer. There are a number of factors that need to be taken into account in order to answer your second question. Iub bandwidth is just one of them. Considering you have 4xE1s i.e. approx 8Mbps of BW you will probably run into UL interference and DL power limitations before you run into Iub limitations if you just consider voice (12.2kbps) and VT (64kbps).

I guess the use of VT depends on the market but at least in Western Europe VT never took off and is hardly worth taking into account for any dimensioning exercise..

Hi Wwolverine,

I am from core background. Just to understand,

If I have Node B where 32 Users are there.

My requirements are (simultaneously) :-

16 Users with 4 Mbps speed PS Session.
8 users with 64K video call.
8 users with 12.2 AMR Voice call.

In this cases,

The above combination supported ?
How much Iub BW I suppsed to provision for the NodeB ?

I think E/// NodeBs support this and much more.

Can you brief a bit more about UL interference and DL power limitations and how these bottlenecks can create issue for above case ?

faares
2011-03-23, 11:27 PM
Thanks wolverine for your reply , could u please elaborate more about what Scorpion asked, it is important to me too.

Faares