PDA

View Full Version : How to use Automatic Frequency Planning in Hopping zone

bdplanner
2011-03-23, 01:19 AM
Dear experts,
Can some please let me know how to improve the KPI of RF hopping zone with AFP? With the measurement I can create new plan for bcch/bsic and new HSN. But will it be enough to improve the kpi of the cells? Is there any other way to improve the KPI of RF hopping cells?

Thanks

Darko
2011-03-23, 02:16 AM
How old is the freq. plan of your network ? If there were no freq. plan updates for a long time then it is very possible you can improve KPIs.
You can also work with Power control, overshooting etc. to improve KPIs.

bdplanner
2011-03-23, 01:06 PM
How old is the freq. plan of your network ? If there were no freq. plan updates for a long time then it is very possible you can improve KPIs.
You can also work with Power control, overshooting etc. to improve KPIs.

Dear Darko, The Automatic frequency planner (ILSA of AIRCOM) will be newly deployed in the network. But my point is , how can we improve the quality of RF Hopping zone . We can tune BCCH/BSIC/HSN . But can we play with MA list? what is the best possible way to use AFP to improve the quality in a RF hopping area?

Thanks again for your suggestion.

bdplanner
2011-03-27, 01:17 PM
can someone please guide me? is there a scope of improving quality in RF hopping zone except changing only in BCCH/BSIC and HSN?

riyantoyadi
2011-03-27, 01:36 PM
can someone please guide me? is there a scope of improving quality in RF hopping zone except changing only in BCCH/BSIC and HSN?

I thinks all of above is enough : BCCH/BSIC, HSN, MAIO then with type of MAL (1x1 or 1x3) next to be consider with coverage no adj or co sector to avoid bad qual. Thats all :)

bdplanner
2011-03-28, 01:58 PM
I thinks all of above is enough : BCCH/BSIC, HSN, MAIO then with type of MAL (1x1 or 1x3) next to be consider with coverage no adj or co sector to avoid bad qual. Thats all :)

Thanks mate. For a RF hopping network , If i find the quality is bad but level is good , what may be the possible cause of this? H/W checking was done and it is fine.

Processor
2011-03-28, 07:45 PM

After carrying out 2 AFP projects using ATOLL, i'd advise u use 1*3 due to the load factor as compared to 1*1 and also u have different MA lists for different sectors hence less clash as compared to all sectors hopping on the same list

auto_art
2011-03-29, 03:18 PM
go to this...u wil get solution

http://www.finetopix.com/credit-free-section/16676-x-afp-training-optimi.html#post121747

dont frgt to add reps.

bdplanner
2011-03-29, 03:30 PM
go to this...u wil get solution

http://www.finetopix.com/credit-free-section/16676-x-afp-training-optimi.html#post121747

dont frgt to add reps.

Thanks. I used Optimi xafp with other operator. With my current operator I have to use ILSA module of Asset :(. Optimi is thousand time better solution though.