PDA

View Full Version : Remote Comissioning for WBTS

pUbLIS
2011-03-14, 07:50 PM
Hi,

Does anyone knows if there's a way to plan a change in the commissioning of a WBTS remotely?

I need to change the IMA Version parameter on several WBTS. I supose there's a way of creating the .xml file just to change this parameter and to deploy it to the nodes, but I can't find any tool for it on Netact.

thks all

mayank_shah
2011-03-14, 09:14 PM
if you are talking about NSN Node B then commissioning parameter can not changed using xml file..

if you are having DCN Enabled, you can remotely one by one change all parameters and recommission Node B.

pUbLIS
2011-03-14, 09:38 PM
if you are talking about NSN Node B then commissioning parameter can not changed using xml file..

if you are having DCN Enabled, you can remotely one by one change all parameters and recommission Node B.

Yes.. I'm talking about NSN NodeB and yes.. I've got DCN enabled with o&m connection working fine.
But are you sure you can't change a commissioning parameter remotely?
I've talked with a person from another project that already had to do it.. he told me that there's a tool that is normally used by planning.

If there's a way to modify the parameter, it should be with a xml file, since that's the file that wbts site manager uses for commissioning. Either that or using the GUI.

thks

mayank_shah
2011-03-14, 09:52 PM
Planning tool can generate Planning Parameters and yes of course you can change planning parameter using xml file uploading create a bulk sites..

but for commissioning parameter you can not do it or upload in bulk as after commissioning parameter you need to restart node b as well.

pUbLIS
2011-03-14, 10:08 PM
That's what I thought.

When I was talking to him I've told him I already knew that it was possible to create and plan bulk changes but only for MOs of the RNC (COCO, ADJC, WCEL, WBTS, etc). But what I needed was to change a commissioning parameter... that's when he told me what I've said to you earlier. I guess he didn't understand completely what I've told him.

None the less.. I've just talked to a friend of mine from GCC, and apparently he used a program called OMLITE to do it ages ago. I don't know if it's still possible or not. He's going to talk to some colleagues trying to get more info and I'm still researching about omlite.

thks

pUbLIS
2011-03-15, 11:38 PM
My colleague from GCC get back to me... And it appears like it is possible do create a plan with CM Editor to modify commissioning parameters and to run it with CM Operations Manager.

I've looked at the MO and I found several parameters from the WBTS commissioning. He assured me that it was possible and that you can even see the WBTS restarting afterwards. I haven't tested it.. but I intend to do it in the next days.

I'll let you guys know about the result.

cheers