PDA

View Full Version : Power boost technology

beniy
2011-03-10, 08:35 PM
Hi Experts,

I wanna activate power booster technology in send mode of TRX.
The equipment is Huawei BTS 3900A.
I have 8 TRXs , I wanna activate power booster technology for 2 TRXs in send mode of TRX attribute.
Please help me.
& another question is:
and Is it helpful to increase gain or power??

Please introduce me with activity steps.

I will add thanks and REP for every answer.
In advance thanks.

Alex_R
2011-03-10, 09:32 PM
first of All in BTS3900 you can use PBT technology with DRFU only not GRFU

beniy
2011-03-11, 01:38 AM
first of All in BTS3900 you can use PBT technology with DRFU only not GRFU
Hi
please describe more.
It get an error .it says which you cannot activet on this board with this pass number because there is another TRX in this TRX board.

Kryshka
2011-03-13, 06:20 AM
Hi, Which type of RF board you are using - DRFU, GRFU or MRFU? In our network we are using MRFU with output power with one TRX = 80W, actually if you are using two MRFU's you can achieve 2x80W output power, - if you need more, just make overlaid/underlaid, or concentrated cells, and define the power wich you need. With such output power, probably you don't need power booster, because there will be uplink limit issues (even if you are using TMA's).

Alex_R
2011-03-13, 07:09 PM
Dear All

When the Power Boost Technology (PBT) is used, the two TRXs in the double-transceiver unit generate the RF signals of the same frequency and phase. The RF signals are combined by the internal combiner to obtain higher downlink transmit power of the BTS. PBT is used to expand the radio coverage of BTSs and is applicable to the areas with wide coverage

attached photo shows the physical conenction of DRFU for PBT

Sending Mode : PBT
Receiving Mode : Independant Receiver

u need to increase DL Power mainly in rural area when u need to spread coverage with low cost, so this feature is very important to gain as much as you can from the site

Note:
1- you have to install TMA to enhance upliunk coveage
2- maybe you need to use (Extended Range) feature

Kryshka
2011-03-14, 07:11 AM
Hi,
The Power Booster technology is quite clear and used almost by all of the vendors i think from the beggining of last decade. From my side, - there is no problem to configure the Power Boost with the older typical TRX architecture, but if it will come like SDR, or MCPA, then probably is not so easy to achieve coherency in two undependant MCPA's and I don't know if somebody was tested this feature and knows how it works.
In our network power boost feature was used with old E/// 2206 RBS and dTRU units (Huawei's name DRFU) - and called TCC - transmission coherent combining. When we started work with HUawei - we moved many BTS to 3900 and using mRFU. I checked with the current RAN5 or upcomming RAN6 version - there is no power boost feature, because the Radio unit with MCPA is high power by it's self (it can have 80W (49dBm) output power). To have more output power, probably you need not only TMA's for uplink but also 4x RX diversity feature activated, because is lack of uplink. We did extensive testing on it, and had seen many cases with limited UL when TMA's were used.
BR,

donald1986
2011-06-18, 10:13 AM
Dear All

When the Power Boost Technology (PBT) is used, the two TRXs in the double-transceiver unit generate the RF signals of the same frequency and phase. The RF signals are combined by the internal combiner to obtain higher downlink transmit power of the BTS. PBT is used to expand the radio coverage of BTSs and is applicable to the areas with wide coverage

attached photo shows the physical conenction of DRFU for PBT

Sending Mode : PBT
Receiving Mode : Independant Receiver

u need to increase DL Power mainly in rural area when u need to spread coverage with low cost, so this feature is very important to gain as much as you can from the site

Note:
1- you have to install TMA to enhance upliunk coveage
2- maybe you need to use (Extended Range) feature

Good sharing thanks