PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Height for Expansion project

Ericsson_RND
2011-03-10, 03:59 AM
Dear All;

Currently we are in the expansion phase for our existing network,

Ø The distance between existing sites is approximately (800-1000)meter/number of sites is 400.
Ø The new additional sites will be distributed between the existing sites finally the distance will be (400-500)meter/350 sites.
Final number of sites will be (400+350)=750 sites.

For the existing sites the antenna height is 21m.

My question is after adding the new sites what is the recommendation concerning the antenna height:

Ø Is there need to set overall antenna heights for existing and additioal less than 21m.
Ø Or all the antenna should have same the height for existing sites which is 21m.

Note: our vendor is E*******, and the antenna type for all netwrok has 0 M-Tilt, further to the electrical tilt which can be set from (2-14) degree.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ahmed Isa Al-Shawi

Tomas Delgado
2011-03-10, 04:58 AM
Hi mate.. pretty much it depends on the RF situation too, i mean. You cannot place antenas at 21 m if you have an obstruction of 18 m in front of the antenna. Also with the adittion of this new cells downlink interference will increase and you should be aware of it and you should control propagation as much as you can.

maahsan
2011-03-10, 05:51 AM
Ideally you should reduce HBA of existing sites.

Ericsson_RND
2011-03-10, 02:35 PM
Dear Mahsan;

Could you please informe me what you mean by HBA.

Many thanks for your hard efforts

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

maahsan
2011-03-10, 03:30 PM
Dear Mahsan;

Could you please informe me what you mean by HBA.

Many thanks for your hard efforts

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

Sorry for the confusion. HBA stands for Height of Basestation Antenna.

liukang
2011-03-10, 05:08 PM
Dear All;

Currently we are in the expansion phase for our existing network,

Ø The distance between existing sites is approximately (800-1000)meter/number of sites is 400.
Ø The new additional sites will be distributed between the existing sites finally the distance will be (400-500)meter/350 sites.
Final number of sites will be (400+350)=750 sites.

For the existing sites the antenna height is 21m.

My question is after adding the new sites what is the recommendation concerning the antenna height:

Ø Is there need to set overall antenna heights for existing and additioal less than 21m.
Ø Or all the antenna should have same the height for existing sites which is 21m.

Note: our vendor is E*******, and the antenna type for all netwrok has 0 M-Tilt, further to the electrical tilt which can be set from (2-14) degree.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ahmed Isa Al-Shawi
I think still use 21m for antenna height and adjust downtil and azimuth site around new site area.

Cheer!

mimoX
2011-03-10, 05:15 PM
you need to pre-optimize the new setup..>>go back to planning tool...

try simulate in planning tool to get the best setting for new sites (and existing too)..
ie:
> antenna height
> antenna down tilt
> EIRP

redendo
2011-03-10, 05:53 PM
Try to use ACP module if possible to reach the optimal mechanical configuration.

Becarfull for EIRP tuning since it affect the indoor coverage.