PDA

View Full Version : Question E******* I-RAT Parameters

rosan
2011-03-07, 06:28 PM
Hi Experts,
I want to clarify some confusion about the Inter RAT HO parameters in E******* P7.

1) measQuantity1(Quantity to measure for 2d and 2f) is defined as the RNC level parameter in E*******. But Huawei have this as cell parameter and gives more flexible for optimization. Also Huawei have RSCP, Ec/Io and BOTH as option for this parameter but E******* have RSCP and Ec/Io only. I feel this also a drawback. Is there any other way to achieve the same result as Huawei in E*******? (Actually I want to make the measurement quantity as RSCP in some border cells)

2) Also usedFreqThresh2dEcno and usedFreqThresh2dRscp defined for all RAB types in E******* not separately for CS and PS like Huawei. I wants to make the CS I-RAT bit quicker so made the usedFreqThresh2dEcno from -12 dB to -9 dB but in-addition to CS IRAT HOs PS I-RAT HOs also increased. Is there any way to make it for CS only in E*******.

Thanks in advance.

wolverine
2011-03-08, 03:10 AM
For question 1, the parameters usedFreqThresh2dEcno and usedFreqThresh2dRscp are set at the cell level so if you want RSCP only triggers you can set usedFreqThresh2dEcno to its max (i.e. -25dBm) on those cells.

For question 2, you can use service based offsets to trigger CS HO quicker. These are set per UeRc (i.e RAB type), for Ec/N0 and RSCP.

rosan
2011-03-10, 06:19 PM
For question 1, the parameters usedFreqThresh2dEcno and usedFreqThresh2dRscp are set at the cell level so if you want RSCP only triggers you can set usedFreqThresh2dEcno to its max (i.e. -25dBm) on those cells.

For question 2, you can use service based offsets to trigger CS HO quicker. These are set per UeRc (i.e RAB type), for Ec/N0 and RSCP.
Hi mate,

Thanks a lot. First solution is perfect, In the second case the per RAB offsets are RNC level parameters and they'll affect all cells. It's a drawback. Isn't it?

Thanks

zee86
2012-03-07, 01:09 AM
try on one rnc and check if ok then implement on the network