PDA

View Full Version : Max. # of hopping frequencies per CHGR

ejamhas
2011-03-06, 05:08 PM
Dear Seniors!

I was trying to assign around 20 hopping frequencies on CHGR2 (TCH 1800) but I was not able to assign more than 13 frequencies. The hopping type is SY.

As per my knowledge and E******* documentation the maximum number of hopping frequencies we can assign per channel group is 32. But I could not figure out this problem. The BSS release is 08B.

Kindly help me out. :mad:

Thanks very much for your help...

Darko
2011-03-06, 05:58 PM
what freq you are trying to assign ?

ejamhas
2011-03-06, 06:01 PM
Hi Darko,

Many thanks for the reply.:)

1800 TCH band is from 612 to 663.

what freq you are trying to assign ?

Darko
2011-03-06, 07:29 PM
hmmm... (sorry if I am totaly wrong :) ) ... but my idea was that perhaps you are trying to assign these freq. with BCCD = YES (include for Immediate Assignment), and due to freq range limit (you say that there are several CHGRs) you can't assign more frequencies than allowed.

ejamhas
2011-03-06, 07:33 PM
Hi Darko,

Thank you very much for your help. Yes you are right with BCCD=YES I can't assign more frequencies than allowed. but can you tell me how to calculte the maximum number of frequencies allowed to be assigned for hopping with BCCD=YES.

Thanks again.

Cheers :)

hmmm... (sorry if I am totaly wrong :) ) ... but my idea was that perhaps you are trying to assign these freq. with BCCD = YES (include for Immediate Assignment), and due to freq range limit (you say that there are several CHGRs) you can't assign more frequencies than allowed.

ChristopherAlbertini
2011-03-07, 03:07 AM
Hi,
It is state that when the ARFCN value is higher than 526, the maximum of frequencies that can be configured in a channel group is 16.
So, you can cannot define 32 frequencues.

Please refer to Alex for more info.

ejamhas
2011-03-07, 06:17 AM
Hi Christopher!

Thank you very much for the help. Yes you are right... :)

Hi,
It is state that when the ARFCN value is higher than 526, the maximum of frequencies that can be configured in a channel group is 16.
So, you can cannot define 32 frequencues.

Please refer to Alex for more info.