PDA

View Full Version : Uerc (RAB Type) in TEMS??

anaggar
2011-03-05, 08:41 PM
Dear Experts,

Any idea where can I know the RAB Type in TEMS?... as in the Uerc which is the 3GPP standard defining 98 RAB types including multi-RABs.

I tried finding it in the layer 3 messages under "Radio Bearer Setup" and "Radio Bearer Reconfiguration" but with no luck!

Appreciate your help,

anaggar
2011-03-08, 06:40 PM
I only found something called “rb_identity" but many of them not only one in each message which was confusing and it wasn’t always accurate since at one test I was using PS EUL/HS and it was giving a rb_identity of 16 (PS 384/HS) instead of 25. I don’t know if that’s a correct approach to start with.

Any clue anyone!?

wolverine
2011-03-09, 03:14 AM
UeRc is an E******* internal identifier for RABs. So rather than saying PS 64/128 they can quickly say UeRc 23 (for example). It is also used in some counters where you can get information per UeRc type. Finally it can be used for licensing.

It is not a 3GPP term and therefore you are not going to find it in any TEMS log.

anaggar
2011-03-10, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Wolverine..

I see... I'm actually trying to find the RAB type not the Uerc digits (looking for Uerc was the easy approach to figuring out the RAB) so if there's a way to know the exact RAB Type (including multi-RAB) from the layer 3 messages in TEMS then that's what I want, I don't need to know the Uerc for it!

so my modified question is... how to figure out the RAB type from TEMS? :)

jackkarpar
2012-02-27, 08:48 PM
hi, i have exactly the same question. could anyone give an answer please?

Thanks for the reply Wolverine..

I see... I'm actually trying to find the RAB type not the Uerc digits (looking for Uerc was the easy approach to figuring out the RAB) so if there's a way to know the exact RAB Type (including multi-RAB) from the layer 3 messages in TEMS then that's what I want, I don't need to know the Uerc for it!

so my modified question is... how to figure out the RAB type from TEMS? :)