PDA

View Full Version : wireshark n tems

hengbong
2011-03-05, 06:05 PM
Hello,

Does anybody know how to get wireshark in parallel to tems during a data measurement ?

I can get only one working alone but not both at the same time.

tpkj
2011-03-08, 05:34 PM
Hi Chaps,

One year ago we had the same problem.
At that time we start to use the IP header loging in TEMS. But ,huge amount volume of logs was for Drive Test.

Could yomebody help us?

hengbong
2011-03-30, 08:21 PM
Well I found that u can enable IP logging option on TEMS.

With that option, TEMS generates .pcap files for each log that can be opened with wireshark later.

So, one can use TEMS alone then use the output with wireshark

tpkj
2011-04-19, 09:06 PM

With that option, TEMS generates .pcap files for each log that can be opened with wireshark later.

Hi hengbong,

I would like to ask what version of tems are you using?
Could you explain me more to detail how did you enable inside of TEMS creating of .pcap files?

Thank you in advance

xcatas
2011-04-26, 06:40 PM

I have same question.. what tems version we need for IP logging?

thanks

romagdinio
2011-04-26, 09:11 PM
To enable the IP header follow the following steps:

Configuration ---> General, then double click on "Data" and choose for the "Packet Capture" to Be "ON". I am using TEMS 9 and TEMS 10 and this option is available in both of them.

please add reps and thanks if this has helped you :D

Best Regards,

tpkj
2011-04-26, 10:13 PM
To enable the IP header follow the following steps:

Configuration ---> General, then double click on "Data" and choose for the "Packet Capture" to Be "ON". I am using TEMS 9 and TEMS 10 and this option is available in both of them.

please add reps and thanks if this has helped you :D

Best Regards,

Yes you can chose the packet size as well.
But, are you sure, that this setup will enable creating of .pcap files, which can be used by wireshark?

As far as I know, usable format for checking the IP is export TEMS logfile to ethereal format file.

romagdinio
2011-04-26, 11:53 PM
Yes you can chose the packet size as well.
But, are you sure, that this setup will enable creating of .pcap files, which can be used by wireshark?

As far as I know, usable format for checking the IP is export TEMS logfile to ethereal format file.

no, it will not generate a pcap file, as you said you can generate ethereal format file which can be opened using wireshark, however you have to be enabling the IP packets capturing first.

pathloss
2011-11-19, 04:27 AM
Hi,

So by activating "IP Analysis" in TEMS Investigation, I'm able to catch Um signaling for MOC etc?

I'm tying to export a logfile of a MOC captured with "Packet Capture" ON, but am unable to generate a ethereal file which contains the data of the capture.

How do we have to proceed to make a MOC capture and analyze it afterwards in Wireshark?