PDA

View Full Version : UTRAN-GSM Neighbour addition ?

bigorbi
2011-03-03, 07:31 PM
Hello guys.

Is there any way to add all gsm relations to UTRAN cells with a command ? Because i'm adding those manually and it takes a lot of time. I learned that there is a short way with script. Anyone knows about that ?

sonerss
2011-03-03, 10:41 PM
hi bigorbi

Which vendor do you use?

Hello guys.

Is there any way to add all gsm relations to UTRAN cells with a command ? Because i'm adding those manually and it takes a lot of time. I learned that there is a short way with script. Anyone knows about that ?

bigorbi
2011-03-04, 12:41 AM
hi bigorbi

Which vendor do you use?

I use E*******.

And i found the solution for this ;

From command handling; just connect to the BSC which gsm cell belongs to and then run this command ;

RLUMC:CELL=gsmcellname,ADD,UMFI=10562-utrancellscramblingcode-NODIV;
RLNRI:CELL=gsmcellname,CELLR=utrancellname,SINGLE;

and you can copy this code for all those gsm cells and with the help of excel you can multiply this code and run it in the Operation Product Support.

that is my solution but if there is a simple way for it, please share with us sonerss : )

tsiz
2011-03-04, 01:25 AM
I use E*******.

And i found the solution for this ;

From command handling; just connect to the BSC which gsm cell belongs to and then run this command ;

RLUMC:CELL=gsmcellname,ADD,UMFI=10562-utrancellscramblingcode-NODIV;
RLNRI:CELL=gsmcellname,CELLR=utrancellname,SINGLE;

and you can copy this code for all those gsm cells and with the help of excel you can multiply this code and run it in the Operation Product Support.

that is my solution but if there is a simple way for it, please share with us sonerss : )

This just adds the scrambling code from the 3G side to the 2G side to help in reselection.

Do you use common explorer to to add 3G and 2G neighbors on the 3G side?

bigorbi
2011-03-04, 01:31 AM
This just adds the scrambling code from the 3G side to the 2G side to help in reselection.

Do you use common explorer to to add 3G and 2G neighbors on the 3G side?

Yes yes i have no problem adding 2G cells to 3G cells. I'm using commong explorer for it. But from 2G to 3G i don't know how can i add relations ? I mean in 3G relations must be 2 ways right ? so i think from 3G to 2G there must be a two way relation so what i am looking for 2G to 3G relation.

sonerss
2011-03-04, 04:16 AM
Hi bigorbi

When you define 3g to 2g neighbour relation, OSS automaticly define 2G-3G neighbour relation... But you have to count 3G-2G neighbours before the defination. As you know You can only define 32 relation 3G to 2G in E/// systems..

Yes yes i have no problem adding 2G cells to 3G cells. I'm using commong explorer for it. But from 2G to 3G i don't know how can i add relations ? I mean in 3G relations must be 2 ways right ? so i think from 3G to 2G there must be a two way relation so what i am looking for 2G to 3G relation.

rohit.jain482
2011-03-05, 06:21 PM
Hello guys.

It is not necessary to have bidirectional neighbor relation between 2g and 3g. In a case where 3G coverage is smaller than 2G, 3G to 2g is enabled but 2g to 3g is disabled. in order to enable 2g to 3g neighbors we need to first define it in the MSC. then in the BSC instead of just reselection, we have to enable reselection and handover. then some HO margins have to be adjusted cell wise for which you can use a script. Yes, as someone mentioned earlier the scripts are vendor specific and since i am not from e******* i cannot comment upon it. But there should be a way to make a script because manual addition of neighbors is tedious.

bigorbi
2011-03-08, 03:34 AM
i heard about these scripts but i don't know how to run them on OSS.
can anyone help me about this issue ?

for example i have a script file like this ;

CREATE

(
parent "ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=#UtranCell#"

identity "#userLabel#"

moType GsmRelation

exception none

nrOfAttributes 1

externalGsmCellRef Ref "ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,ExternalGsmNetwork=1,ExternalGsmCell=#userLabel#"

)

SET

(
mo "ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=#UtranCell#,GsmRelation=#userLabel#"

exception none

mobilityRelationType Integer 0

)

SET

(
mo "ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=#UtranCell#,GsmRelation=#userLabel#"

exception none

qOffset1sn Integer 7

)

SET
(

exception none

selectionPriority Integer 1

)

how can i run it in oss automatically for all cells that i want to add as a neighbour ?

tsiz
2011-03-08, 05:46 AM
i heard about these scripts but i don't know how to run them on OSS.
can anyone help me about this issue ?

for example i have a script file like this ;

CREATE

(
parent "ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=#UtranCell#"

identity "#userLabel#"

moType GsmRelation

exception none

nrOfAttributes 1

externalGsmCellRef Ref "ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,ExternalGsmNetwork=1,ExternalGsmCell=#userLabel#"

)

SET

(

exception none

mobilityRelationType Integer 0

)

SET

(

exception none

qOffset1sn Integer 7

)

SET
(

exception none

selectionPriority Integer 1

)

how can i run it in oss automatically for all cells that i want to add as a neighbour ?

Goto 3G OSS..open comon explorer. Goto the Planned configuration tab(PCA). Create a planned area. Right click, import the xml file(You need to save the file at \var\opt\e*******\nms_umts_wran_bcg/files/import). Once you load it, you will automatically be taken to the Bulk CM progress tab where you will see the MO's loading. Once successful/partial loading, go back to the PCA tab, select the planned area you created and imported the xml file, right click and activate.

bigorbi
2011-03-08, 05:28 PM
Goto 3G OSS..open comon explorer. Goto the Planned configuration tab(PCA). Create a planned area. Right click, import the xml file(You need to save the file at \var\opt\e*******\nms_umts_wran_bcg/files/import). Once you load it, you will automatically be taken to the Bulk CM progress tab where you will see the MO's loading. Once successful/partial loading, go back to the PCA tab, select the planned area you created and imported the xml file, right click and activate.

thanks for your answer tsiz.
i just wanna ask you one thing. after i saved the file at that folder, for example let's say it's name is " gsmrel.xml " , how should i run it on moshell ? with any command like "trun" ? i just heard about it but really i don't know how to run that file.

tsiz
2011-03-08, 11:58 PM
thanks for your answer tsiz.
i just wanna ask you one thing. after i saved the file at that folder, for example let's say it's name is " gsmrel.xml " , how should i run it on moshell ? with any command like "trun" ? i just heard about it but really i don't know how to run that file.

No..you run it from Common explorer. right click-->OSS WCDMA Common Explorer..then follow the steps to create and execute the planned area.