PDA

View Full Version : Using 2G Traffic to dimension 3G traffic in Aircom ASSET

developingrhythm
2011-02-20, 09:01 PM
Hi All,
I have a requirement from my customer where we have to make a general estimation on 3G traffic using 2G traffic as inputs. So far we have no 3G sites but we have a 2G network where the 3G sites will be co-located. The marketing department is not very good so we have no traffic model and no dimensioning inputs!

Our idea is to use the 2G traffic (Voice, GPRS) and multiply the traffic to use as AMR12.2, R99 and HSDPA14.4/HSDPA21 then convert to terminals and input to ASSET and make some monte-carlo simulations. The customer is aware that this is only an estimation that we are using for an idea of what the impacts could be in the network with different services.

In one or 2 projects I worked on there was a macro to convert the 2G voice and data traffic to 3G voice and data. Here I do not have any macro and I do not know the formulas to do it the manual way.

Could anyone help?

patek1968
2011-02-20, 09:22 PM
There's so many ways to consider in generating traffic in 3G than 2G..you may well look into possibilities of testing some 3G sites in actual to justify your design..

developingrhythm
2011-02-20, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately this is the way the customer has agreed with the client that the estimation will be calculated
:(

lejun
2011-02-20, 11:30 PM
Hi friend,

Please use the simple way:

-Convert all 2G traffic (voice, data) to Erlang.

-20 or 25mE/sub, then you have number of voice subscriber.

-Convert to other traffic with particular scale.

Regards

developingrhythm
2011-02-20, 11:38 PM
@ lejun

The voice I had in erlangs, and I turned to terminals using ErlangB table

The data is my problem, do you know how I can turn into Erlang? do you have the formula?

If I have in erlangs then I can convert to terminals easy. It's just I don't know the formula from kbps to erlang.

DR