PDA

View Full Version : Question AMR FR

almoqbali36
2011-02-19, 12:39 AM
hi all,

i activate AMR FR in one BSC in our netwrok and i keep the values of RLINKUPAFR, RLINKUPAHR, RLINKTAFR & RLINKTAHR all 24

after activating AMR FR , degrdation in SQI observed ( i used the new formula after activating the feature which suggested by e*******).

my quaties:

1. why SQI degraded?
2. in which KPI i can see the advantages of AMR FR?
3. how i can confess my company to go for AMR FR ...( i mean by statistics KPI.?

my vendor is e*******...

B.R

RF engineer
2011-02-19, 01:02 PM
hi all,

i activate AMR FR in one BSC in our netwrok and i keep the values of RLINKUPAFR, RLINKUPAHR, RLINKTAFR & RLINKTAHR all 24

after activating AMR FR , degrdation in SQI observed ( i used the new formula after activating the feature which suggested by e*******).

my quaties:

1. why SQI degraded?
3. how i can confess my company to go for AMR FR ...( i mean by statistics KPI.?

my vendor is e*******...

B.R

dear
As i donot have E******* experience butI doubt these parameter degrade SQI, may be u activate on BSC side but this code is not configured in transcoder . check if they configure AMR FR on transcoder.

can you see in drive test AMR FR codec used ?

BR

srilasitha
2011-02-19, 01:53 PM
hi all,

my quaties:

1. why SQI degraded?

my vendor is e*******...

B.R

1. SQI is affected when the voice codec rate used in AMR FR is lower than the FR codec ( For ex. 7.4 codec can be used if the radio link quality is poor). when running with 12.2 codec SQI should be better than FR
...Please check the voice codec set used in AMR FR
...If 12.2K is not included in the codec set please change the codec set to include 12.2K and other high order codecs
...please check parameter configurations for rate adaption thresholds for AMR. You can adjust 12.2 to lower codec thresholds if you want to keep the codec at 12.2.
.. But you have to make a compromise between speech coding and link adaptation to achieve best call clarity.

2. SQI alone cannot use to judge the customer experience of call quality. If you can measure MOS value (mean opinion score) of the network with and without AMR you can see the real benefits.

You have to use Qvoice or Tems Discovery to measure MOS/PESQ values. Some other tools may have. I am not much sure

3. Do a drive test in a sample site with and without AMR FR with one of above tools. get the quality comparison

auto_art
2011-02-19, 04:59 PM
hi all,

my quaties:

1. why SQI degraded?

my vendor is e*******...

B.R
hi
check for thresholds..whether they are set proplerly ot not recomended value in E******* are...
Parameter name
Default value
Recommended value
Value range
Unit
AMRFRSUPPORT
-
0 to 5
0=off,
1=Fullrate codec set 1,
2=Full rate codec set 2,
3=Full rate codec set 3,