PDA

View Full Version : WIMAX RF Optimization and DT Tools Advise

chrioni_waken
2011-02-17, 01:19 PM
Hi there,

In my company we have a small WiMAX nework of about 12 BTS (9 are located in one city only).

I am wondering what is the best Optimization and DT tools for low scale deployment as the case here.

I have followed up on a couple of options such as XCAL X/ XCAP X, ATDI ICS .

BR,

chrioni_waken

mimoX
2011-02-17, 02:07 PM
Hi there,

In my company we have a small WiMAX nework of about 12 BTS (9 are located in one city only).

I am wondering what is the best Optimization and DT tools for low scale deployment as the case here.

I have followed up on a couple of options such as XCAL X/ XCAP X, ATDI ICS .

BR,

chrioni_waken

i think 2-3 month xcal/xcap trial/ lease should be enough for optimization. no need to buy unless you planning to expand it bigger up to 1k bts.

chrioni_waken
2011-02-17, 10:21 PM
Hi there, thanks for the tip.:)

I noticed that XCALX/XCAPX available from several vendors, if I would like to trial or purchase it, who is the best vendor from your experience?

I also not that there are target KPI that need to be the baseline for optimization exercise. Do you know of any standard values specified by WiMAX Forum or any other WiMAX standards body?

BR,

chrioni

mimoX
2011-02-17, 10:46 PM
Hi there, thanks for the tip.:)

I noticed that XCALX/XCAPX available from several vendors, if I would like to trial or purchase it, who is the best vendor from your experience?

XCAL/XCAP is good tools. i got those from couei (now accuver). there are another version of this tool called optis.

I also not that there are target KPI that need to be the baseline for optimization exercise. Do you know of any standard values specified by WiMAX Forum or any other WiMAX standards body?

i got few docs from 2 years ago (maybe bit old). I'll share if still in my possession (if i can find it). now working on LTE; no longer on wimax.

chrioni_waken
2011-02-17, 11:15 PM
XCAL/XCAP is good tools. i got those from couei (now accuver). there are another version of this tool called optis.

i got few docs from 2 years ago (maybe bit old). I'll share if still in my possession (if i can find it). now working on LTE; no longer on wimax.

sincere thanks for your input here. I will check out accuver and also optis.

would really appreciate those docs despite them being relatively old, but I think they will come in handy.

So was your move to LTE and a migration from software-upgrade from WiMAX? I read on the web that things are leaning toward LTE in terms of 4G personal broadband I guess.

I am from P.N.G. which is in the South Pacific and just north of Australia. WiMAX is still a new cutting edge solution for my company Telikom PNG Ltd.

However, we have been experiencing poor coverage and connectivity and really need to use optimization tools and procedures.

BR,

chrioni_waken

Motorola
2011-02-17, 11:19 PM

OptiS4 Analyzer, Innowireless

In fact, Couei, Accuver, innowireless are same.