PDA

View Full Version : Others Bad EcIo on in-building

Optimal
2011-02-17, 11:36 AM
I have faced bad EcIo on in-building, how to improve EcIo without tunning macro site around the area?

haq_enam
2011-02-17, 12:31 PM
I have faced bad EcIo on in-building, how to improve EcIo without tunning macro site around the area?

Explain bit more....Any dominent cell are there...Hand over...:)

U can not able to do any dominent cells in order to improve EcIo and imcrease bit more power...IBS will be solution to solve the problem....

Lots of issues are involved there....

Optimal
2011-02-17, 01:31 PM
The dominant is IBS with good RSCP but bad EcIo and there are macro sites around the building which interfere to IBS. How to improve EcIo in IBS without changing the power or antenna adjustment of macro sites. We afraid that footprint of macro sites will shrink. Do we have other solution ???

srilasitha
2011-02-17, 02:34 PM
if your network has a second carrier best thing is to IBS move to second carrier.

thats the normal practice

IBS carrier power increase would also be a good solution

Optimal
2011-02-17, 03:10 PM
We have only 1 carrier right now and already increase power on IBS.
Any more ideal, please ???

xcatas
2011-02-17, 04:38 PM
You could try to change the indoor antenna(s) position.
Or, if the received power from macroocell still big, you could replace the indoor BS with repeater.

BR

haq_enam
2011-02-17, 04:43 PM
We have only 1 carrier right now and already increase power on IBS.
Any more ideal, please ???

May be your outdoor cell is directly shooted towards your IBS site and causing problem in some part of the building.

Try to do some work with your outdoor antennas so that RSCP can get low in the building. Down tilt is one of the option to have that.

hari_2208
2011-02-17, 06:39 PM
if you don want to touch the antenna...i think you might have to then go for costly solution like small bts meant for IBS rather than repeaters as IBS.

dekili
2011-02-17, 07:27 PM
Best thing would be to use second carrier. If that is not possible, try to change indoor antenna position to get better signal level. After that, you can change the position of indoor antennas in that way to leave that indoor area covered by macro BTS and rest of the indoor area by indoor BTS. If you cannot have capacity from macro BTS used indoor due to your need to use that capacity for outdoor users, final solution is to try using termoisolation folies on the windows (they prove to be good radio isolators) or to have some other type of isolation that will serve also as a radio isolation. The last thing is probably not (much) possible but that are all the options that I can think of.

omar_ako
2011-02-17, 07:37 PM
i face the Same problem before and we dont want to change the Antenna Also so that is what we do

1- we make detail indoor DT and according to it we determine the Dominant in each indoor corner
2- according to that we replan the Indoor antenna Location to cover only the Bad Signal Area ( lOW RSCP ) not all the Indoor and this is Solve the Problem Partial and we had to tune the HO parameters to avoid somecall drops in some corner
the advantage
- we didnt have to change the outdoor antenna
the disadvantage
- the indoor Quality is not Very good it it is from Good to accepted

bindi
2011-02-17, 10:30 PM
You have to explain all elements of your problem...So far I have gathered:

- You don't want to touch Macro sites
- Only 1 carrier available
- IBS is at full power

In this scenario, you really have to move IBS antennas to improve dominance in the required areas. However one thing I need to understand if your Macro coverage is so good, is your IBS purely for capacity needs? If this is the case then, You really need to down tilt your macro as multiple servers at your iBS location isn't helping any of these sites.

dmitry28
2011-02-17, 11:21 PM
Need to reduce the power of traffic channels. Increase the target FER (3%), and reduce the initial Eb / Nt (4...5 dB).. This will help improve the Ec/Io at the same level Rx power.